One of the rare straight roads along the journey.
The view during the drive was amazing. I can see the Crocker Range. I had my Canon digicam with me but it was in the bag. I didn't expect the view to be so breathtaking. There wasn't time to take out the camera as I would have missed taking shots of the scenery. Thus, a camera phone would have to make do.
The majestic mountain in the background.
Gosh, I must have been in the city for too long. Magnificent views like this bring back the childhood memories. It feels good to be home and seeing nature again.
Aren't the pictures lovely? But please forgive me if they seem a little crooked. Did I mention that I snapped the pictures while driving? One hand on the steering wheel, the other holding my camera phone. Seeing a driver taking pictures while driving up a steep hill with only one hand on the steering wheel can be scary, so I sang...to distract my passengers from thinking scary thoughts of accident. ;p
A view of the place I visited. It was afternoon when we arrived. The sun was glaring hot although it did not look as hot in the picture. Applied expensive sun block (according to the person who bought the sun block) on my skin constantly to protect from the damaging UV light. I made everyone do the same and they obediently followed my gentle orders.
It was about 3.30pm when we made our way down. Any later, the weather becomes unpredictable and the drive down would be dangerous. Alas, it was very foggy during the descend and visibility is not more than 5 metres on the road. However, my passengers were so confident of my driving skills that they fell asleep and lulled into a dreamy slumber...
...until they heard the "click" of my camera, the scary sight of me snapping photos, with only one hand on steering wheel while maneuvering the car downhill, in bad weather.
It was very foggy driving downhill. Switched on the windscreen wipers and the fog headlights. I am a very careful driver and it helps to have a 20/20 vision.
I thought the view is hauntingly beautiful but mom beside me thinks it's scary. Wonder if she was referring to the thick fog or my driving...
We made it home in one piece and headed straight for dinner!
Who needs chocolate? I'm sweet enough :)
Little Dove
P.S. How come I am always the designated driver for long distance road trips?

No comments:
Post a Comment