Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Let the music heal your soul

The soothing sounds of the piano... It has been ages since I last touched the piano keys. I used to play the keyboard quite frequently in church back at home. Due to a hectic lifestyle and lack of a piano in KL, I hardly get the chance to practice. I am very rusty now. I need to practice very hard this holiday.

When I was young, I love cartoons like Street Fighter, Dragon Ball, Masked Rider, Ultraman, Power Rangers, etc. However, I was just not into girly cartoons. But I love Doraemon!


As much as my disdain to such cartoons, I was hooked to Sailormoon the moment I watched it. Not so much into the characters even though I thought the Sailor uniforms are cute. Even the guy characters look like girls. My favourite, Sailor Mars, the Sailor scout in red, is sizzling hot and has the power to manipulate fire and flame.

Before I turn this into an anime post, let us return to the main reason I am writing this entry. What caught my attention in Sailormoon was the music. Not the intro or closing theme of the cartoon series. I was captivated by the background music played during the cartoon. One of it is the music that played in the background when Mamoru met Fiore. Mamoru is Tuxedo Mask, who is Sailormoon's boyfriend and Fiore is a lonely alien, who is Mamoru's childhood friend. Drowning out the dialogue (selective listening) and just concentrating on the music, the music is amazing. I wonder how a mawkishly sentimental cartoon can have such beautiful piece of music.


Mamoru





Fiore

The friendship between Mamoru and Fiore carried a strong tinge of homosexuality. They expressed their relationship in a mushy lovey-dovey manner, have very feminine features and they both love flowers. But both are straight.

The music works its magic on me. A simple melody that touches the soul. I will play this song on my piano. Here is a humble rendition of the song...



Hope you enjoyed the song as much as I did. I apologize if there's any slip ups. Haven't been playing for some time.

A day without your love is a day without life.
Little Dove

5 comments:

Mr RM said...

just discovered your blog, linked it to mine already....

savante said...

That has to be the cutest lil piano ever! :)

Little Dove said...

Thank you for the link Mr Rainbow Man. Appreciate it.

Dear Savante, don't we all love cute things? ;p

Jason said...

Nice play! I've always a fan of Sailormoon.

If you haven't, you should listen to The Death of Neptune and For Our Princess too. :)

Little Dove said...

[Jason] I love The Death of Neptune and For Our Princess. Very sad though...