Sunday, August 10, 2008

My car had a massive heart attack (Part II)

Continued from previous

I stood behind my car, frantically waving my right hand to motion cars to stay away from my stalled car while my left hand clutched the umbrella and hand phone waiting for the mechanic to arrive.

I was alone and it was dark. I felt helpless. It seemed like an eternity as I waited for help to come.

No one stopped. No one except for one car that was driving on the opposite side of the road. The car made an illegal turn, went against the traffic and parked right in front of my stalled car. The car door opened and a man stepped out from the car.

A young, tall and attractive man appeared from the car. He asked me if I was alright. He offered to help. He stopped cars that were passing and asked them if they had a jump starter. No one had it. There was a fast food restaurant nearby. He asked me to wait and look after his car. Then he ran to the fast food restaurant car park and started asking people for a jump starter. I stopped passing cars and asked to borrow a jump starter while waiting for him to return.

“Who is this man?” I asked myself. The moment I finished my thought, he returned with a jump starter he managed to borrow. I had no idea how he got it so quickly. As I opened the bonnet of my car, my headlights came on. We exchanged looks of surprise. I tried starting my engine and it worked. Before another taxi driver pass by and wind down his window to scold me, I drove my car to the nearby fast food restaurant. He followed closely behind.

He thought I look shaken. However, I felt alright. I must have looked helpless as I stood alone in the rain with my stalled car. Can’t blame him for thinking I was shaken up.

I called off the mechanic. He wasn’t even on his way. He was somewhere in Batu Caves. I wonder isn’t that quite a distance from PJ? I thought the auto insurance was supposed to send the nearest mechanic over for help.

Then I saw his eyes as he looked at me. They were looking into my eyes. I pretended to look away. I tried not to think too much about it. As he smiled at me, I realized how handsome he was. This stranger was attractive and has a good heart. He looked straight and masculine, but my gaydar was set astir. Was he my knight in shinning armour?

I was touched by his kindness. I thanked him profusely before bidding farewell. He asked me if he will see me again. With a smile, I replied yes, and told him that I will see him next year. That I only appear once a year, like in the legends. He laughed and said that I was melodramatic.

As I turned to walk away, he called me and asked, “Can I ask you out for a movie next week?”

I told him I had to go and bid farewell. I turned to leave as he stood there looking dejected, watching me walk away. In my heart, I whispered a little prayer for this kind soul who helped me in my time of trouble. I turned back at him, smiled and waved one last time, before walking towards my car. He returned my smile, with sadness in his eyes, and waved goodbye while trying to look cheerful.

Little Dove quickly walked away, without looking back. He wished it was the man he loves. But that person was never there for him. And a teardrop fell on his cheek. For he is reminded of his past. It hurts…


The easy part of life is finding someone to love. The hard part is finding someone to love you back.
Little Dove

11 comments:

NotHamsap said...

my heart is so moved by your story :(. By the way, the whole incident is so dramatic, and to be honest, it's quite of a romance. DOn't worry, you will find that someone who loves you back soon :)

Legolas said...

If you never opened your heart, other people will not be able to love you back. Give them that chance.

savante said...

Umm... he just helped you out and you can't go out for a movie with him?! WHY NOT! :O

Derek said...

Why did you turn him down? He seems like a nice and helpful guy.

It's just a a movie, forchristsakes!

Jason said...

Yeah lo... why not!

Little Dove said...

[Nothamsap] Maybe someday, he will come. Thank you Nothamsap. :)

[Legolas] A broken heart is like a broken mirror. It is better to leave it broken than hurt yourself trying to fix it.

[Savante, Derek, Jason]
It's complicated. In a different situation, I would have said yes.

Janvier said...

Goodness - Little Dove holding a torch for someone else sampai don't need to meet other people?!

Fable Frog said...

But it's just a movie~ JUST A MOVIE~!! I'M SCREAMING! see what u have done to me?

Little Dove said...

[Janvier] *Little Dove drops the torch* :)

[Fable Frog] O.O lol

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! You must thank your car for breaking down cos if it's not for the incident, this guy wouldn't appear. Hehehe... Man, you're so damn lucky! And he even asked you out for a movie. So daring! Hehehe...

So how did you two meet again after that incident and how did it blossom? I wanna know the full story. Lol...

It sounds too good to be true, you know? I'm jealous and sad. Jealous that you have Prince Charming and sad that I'm still alone. Hahaha!!!

Little Dove said...

[Calvin] Someday your Prince Charming will come and sweep you off your feet. Maybe you can fake a car breakdown in a neighbourhood where there are many handsome residents. Hehe. ;p