There weren't much things to do at home so Little Dove went prancing around the garden to see if there were anything interesting.

Funny looking fruit! O.O
Upon closer inspection, I realized that I have no idea what it is! ;p
Little Dove runs to daddy aka gardener and asks, "What fruit is this daddy?"
Daddy: Mengkudu (my dad is a man of few words).
Little Dove: It looks erm... What does it do?
Daddy: Used in traditional medicine (still giving me short answers).
I ran back into the house and googled "mengkudu." It's scientific name is Morinda citrifolia, or commonly known as Indian mulberry. Oh, such a feminine name! Heard of the Noni juice? It's actually "mengkudu" juice. I wonder how the plant appeared in my garden.
Then I ran back out and continued to explore the garden ...
So pretty...ouch!
Mangoes!!! It was a short mango tree. I was surprised it can still bear fruits. I remember when I was a little boy, the back garden had three tall mango fruit trees that gave the sweetest mangoes. With time, the mango trees grew so tall that it was even higher than my double-storey house. I remember running about chasing insects around the trunk, under the cool shade that the trees provided. When I was little, I was a tiny boy, so the whole garden seemed like a jungle to me. It was my playground. However, during heavy winds and storm, the trees would sway violently, like it was going to collapse. It had to be felled to prevent any unwanted accidents.
Where is my doggie?
Apparently, mommy gave her away while I was away studying. I guess doggie was too much to handle. :(
Presenting to you...
Revolta digustika bitchikus
My bitch doggie is a Doberman mix. Actually she had a very sweet feminine name of Daisy May. This is a puppy picture. I refrained from posting her full-grown picture in case it gives you a fright with her sharp fangs teeth!
Daisy May was a loyal and trustworthy companion to me. Ever fearless and willing to protect what she considers is a threat. She is a watchdog, guide dog, hunting dog, or a toy dog, whichever she feels like. She is mostly protective and over aggressive, but loving and non-aggressive only to me. I can put my hand into her mouth (like into a crocodile’s jaw) and she does not even bite. She even turns over demanding belly rubs from me. She has attacked pigeons, pussy cats, snakes, rat and naughty neighbourhood kids! Not the kind of dog to get in the way with and surely never try cross her path.
Hope doggie is happy in her new home. :(
And what's a garden without pretty flowers...
I think the flowers are poisonous.

8 comments:
Mengkudu? OMG. I've actually never seen that as well.
Here's wishing Daisy May's happy and well taken care off in her new home!
Gasp! Big house with gardens! And dog! Rich!
Oh mengkudu. Never seen before but it looks poisonous. :p
[Savante] And it was in my garden! *blush*
[Janvier] Daisy May says thank you. :)
[Legolas] Small house can also have a garden. ;)
[Jason] The mengkudu is not poisonous. Medicinal actually. :)
u must be missing ur dog... never occured to me to rear a dog or a cat or whatsoever tho. but i have 3 little pots of cactus! :D hope they live. haha
[Ah Bong] I miss Daisy May. Please send my regards to your pots of cactus!
your house, in sabah? very nice lor
Post a Comment