Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Love of Siam

I believe most of us have watched "The Love of Siam." A heartfelt and poignant movie that ended with heartache and tears.

"If I said that this song was made for you, would you believe it?
It might not be as well-written or beautiful like other songs.
I want you to know that a love song
Can’t be written if you are not in love
But for you, my dear
I wrote it so…easily

You've probably heard hundreds or thousands of love songs
They may be meaningful but they’re meant for anyone.
But when you listen to this song,
A song that’s written for you only
If you understand the meaning
Then our hearts will be together."


Mew sang this heart-warming love song to Tong when they were at a party to celebrate the return of Tang (Tong’s long lost sister). June, Mew’s band manager, pretended to be Tang to help pull Tong father out of alcoholic depression.

Mew wrote this love song for Tong, and he is singing it for the first time in public. On the stage, when Mew saw Tong standing and looking at him, he asked his band to play this song. Mew looked at Tong and breathed love into every single word in the special song as he sang for Tong. I thought it was funny when June was standing beside Tong, looking at Tong and then at Mew, over and over again during the song.

I love Tong’s shy but knowing smile when Mew sang to him about being together. Here’s the part when Tong smiled:

"เพื่อเธอเข้าใจความหมายแล้วใจจะได้มีกันและกัน
peua ter kao jai kwaam maai laew jai ja daai mee gan lae gan
If you understand the meaning then our hearts will be together. "


I found this to be a romantic scene from the movie (besides them sleeping together in bed and the kissing scene).

How I wish someone would write me a love song. Seemed like I am the one who's always writing. Maybe time to find myself a musician boyfriend? I’ll have to start pretending that I don’t play any musical instruments. ;p

This is my attempt on the piano at the song where Mew sang to Tong at the party and towards the end of the movie near Siam Square. In the soundtrack version, the song was slow and sweet for a minute or so, but became more upbeat in the middle of the song. I thought, why didn't they have a full sentimental version of the song in piano, the slow, romantic version as sang by Mew in the movie. I played the whole song for 3 minutes slowly and it started to bore me. Now I know why they made the song more uptempo during midsong. It made the song nicer and more interesting. Anyway, here’s my take on the song, albeit in one minute only so that I don’t induce bilateral ptosis (sleepiness) in my blog readers. Please sit back and enjoy...




Every love song makes me cry because every love song remind me of you.
Little Dove

5 comments:

Legolas said...

Somehow I believe that romance movies are exaggerating stuffs and causing illusions to people. But I'm a stubborn old man. Haha.

savante said...

But they didn't end up together. Damn.

Little Dove said...

[Legolas] You are too young be a stubborn old man! I feel the same about romance movies.

[Savante] The ending could've been better!

Jason said...

At least Mew didn't committed suicide, right?

Unknown said...

nice movie!
i can play piano by ear.. although not yet play by myself b4 this..
i hv keyboard in my room.. ha!

(hope to know u!)