Today, I encountered a bully in school. She is a university senior. Let’s call her the Shrew Witch. I purposely included exclamation marks at the end of her statements to express the arrogant overtone she used while talking to me.
She walks into the room…
Shrew Witch: Who’s the leader here?!!!
Little Dove: Me.
Shrew Witch: I’ve booked this room. We always use this room. Did you book it?!!!
Little Dove: Yes, I did.
Shrew Witch: When you book?!!!
Little Dove: 2 weeks ago.
Shrew Witch: Did you reconfirm your booking?!!!
Little Dove: Yes, 2 days ago.
Shrew Witch: My group always use this room. Your group has to move out from this room!!!
Little Dove: We can check who booked the room. I’ll call the office now.
I did not yield. Always one to be diplomatic, I don’t mind calling the reception or lady in charge to reconfirm the booking. I have made reservation for all venues for the next eight weeks. I have made friends with the receptionist and person in charge of booking rooms/auditoriums/lecture halls. I even bought her breakfast. That was my little investment. And I made her promise that she will call me directly on my handphone if someone try to lay hands on the venues that I have booked in advanced. I am confident that the ball is in my court. I knew who's going to crumble in defeat.
Then she paused,
Shrew Witch: Wait, I call my friend!!!
She walked to a corner. Moments later…
Shrew Witch: Hey, you use this room. I booked the room but I let you use it. I will use another room!!!
Unremorseful, the petulant hen walked away with her unlovely peacocky feathers, ruffled by a gentle little dove.
This shrew made an embarassing mistake but still tried to be egotistical. Without a doubt, I have already reserved the room exclusively for my group for the next few hours. I did my homework. This brash chutzpadik did not. So it was very impertinent for her to be arrogant to a fellow student even though she is a senior.
This little dove stands his ground when it comes to bullies.
Before you criticise someone you should walk a mile in their shoes... that way when you criticise them you are a mile away and you have their shoes!
Little Dove
She walks into the room…
Shrew Witch: Who’s the leader here?!!!
Little Dove: Me.
Shrew Witch: I’ve booked this room. We always use this room. Did you book it?!!!
Little Dove: Yes, I did.
Shrew Witch: When you book?!!!
Little Dove: 2 weeks ago.
Shrew Witch: Did you reconfirm your booking?!!!
Little Dove: Yes, 2 days ago.
Shrew Witch: My group always use this room. Your group has to move out from this room!!!
Little Dove: We can check who booked the room. I’ll call the office now.
I did not yield. Always one to be diplomatic, I don’t mind calling the reception or lady in charge to reconfirm the booking. I have made reservation for all venues for the next eight weeks. I have made friends with the receptionist and person in charge of booking rooms/auditoriums/lecture halls. I even bought her breakfast. That was my little investment. And I made her promise that she will call me directly on my handphone if someone try to lay hands on the venues that I have booked in advanced. I am confident that the ball is in my court. I knew who's going to crumble in defeat.
Then she paused,
Shrew Witch: Wait, I call my friend!!!
She walked to a corner. Moments later…
Shrew Witch: Hey, you use this room. I booked the room but I let you use it. I will use another room!!!
Unremorseful, the petulant hen walked away with her unlovely peacocky feathers, ruffled by a gentle little dove.
This shrew made an embarassing mistake but still tried to be egotistical. Without a doubt, I have already reserved the room exclusively for my group for the next few hours. I did my homework. This brash chutzpadik did not. So it was very impertinent for her to be arrogant to a fellow student even though she is a senior.
This little dove stands his ground when it comes to bullies.
Before you criticise someone you should walk a mile in their shoes... that way when you criticise them you are a mile away and you have their shoes!
Little Dove

4 comments:
u're still a student???
That's a good one :)
good job!!!:)
[Sam] She is one.
[Ah Bong] Yes
[Jason] :)
[Silencer] Thanks!
[William] You're right. Staying calm gives me control.
Post a Comment