Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Is this how angels sound like?



Incredibly amazing vocalist. She was not a one-hit wonder. She passed away young from breast cancer. God bless Minnie Riperton.

p/s: I think her whistle register was an F#7! (at least to Little Dove's amateur violinist ears)

10 comments:

William said...

A classic. May she rest in peace.

Emo-Happiness said...

She sounds wonderfull by listening to her voice..

Pike-chan said...

Thanks for sharing the music.... may she rest in peace...

savante said...

Wow. Never heard of her but she sounds good.

TZ said...

so old...

Janvier said...

But we keep getting Bridget Jones' face popping up!

nicky05 said...

Great music.

plainjoe said...

never failed to give me goosebumps no matter how many times I've heard it before...

Anonymous said...

wasn't she the mother of maya rudolph? that SNL alumnus. i love her versatality on that show.

Little Dove said...

[William] A timeless classic.^_^

[Emo-Happiness] Absolutely.

[pikey] Most welcome :)

[savante] I believe her song must have been played somewhere before in some of the movies or covered by other aspiring singers. Never too late to know. ;)

[TZ] Yes, I wasn't conceive at that time.

[Janvier] The song was in Bridget Jones?

[nicky05] I think so too!

[plainjoe] So do I!

[Anonymous] This song was written and sang for Maya. Did yu notice her calling out Maya's name almost at the end of the song?