I woke up one day and realized that there were many things about my life I was not satisfied with or better still, there were challenges that were threatening my soul.
And I said to myself, “Why should anyone envy me and want to be in my shoes.” They don’t know how far I’ve come, they don’t know what lies ahead of me, and neither do they know how dissatisfied I get with myself from time to time.
People don’t know the trouble that you’ve had or the price you had to pay to get to where you are. All they want to know is that they wish they were like you. Why should you wish you were in anybody’s shoes when you hardly know how they fit?
When you’ve worn your shoes for a while, they take the shape of your feet and align to the way you walk. If you were to wear my shoes, you would not be comfortable in them.
So I stopped wishing that I am in someone else shoes because it might not fit, rather I thank God for my shoes, because they fit.
I’ve learnt to be the best in what I do, and I know no one can replace me anywhere and in any sphere.
I am original, my God is not in the cloning business. He makes originals!
Make the best of what you do; besides you only have this beautiful life to live ONLY ONCE.
Live it to the fullest.
I always think that life passes by too quicky and much is filled with sorrow, anger and regrets. Life is too short, so be happy. Treat every relationship as if it's the last one, then you'll know how to give. Treat every moment as it's the last day, then you'll know how to treasure.
Thank God for my shoes, they fit.
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.
Little Dove
And I said to myself, “Why should anyone envy me and want to be in my shoes.” They don’t know how far I’ve come, they don’t know what lies ahead of me, and neither do they know how dissatisfied I get with myself from time to time.
People don’t know the trouble that you’ve had or the price you had to pay to get to where you are. All they want to know is that they wish they were like you. Why should you wish you were in anybody’s shoes when you hardly know how they fit?
When you’ve worn your shoes for a while, they take the shape of your feet and align to the way you walk. If you were to wear my shoes, you would not be comfortable in them.
So I stopped wishing that I am in someone else shoes because it might not fit, rather I thank God for my shoes, because they fit.
I’ve learnt to be the best in what I do, and I know no one can replace me anywhere and in any sphere.
I am original, my God is not in the cloning business. He makes originals!
Make the best of what you do; besides you only have this beautiful life to live ONLY ONCE.
Live it to the fullest.
I always think that life passes by too quicky and much is filled with sorrow, anger and regrets. Life is too short, so be happy. Treat every relationship as if it's the last one, then you'll know how to give. Treat every moment as it's the last day, then you'll know how to treasure.
Thank God for my shoes, they fit.
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.
Little Dove

15 comments:
A person who strives to be his best in his endeavours is always his very own worst critic.
And nothing ever comes with a free lunch, so why the ideology that the grass is greener on the other side of the fence?
A very good post to reflect upon. Full of wisdom.
totally agree =))
then again, just take life as it is. it's a beautiful colorful life. :)
btw, that's ur fluffy slipper?! i want
one too! LOL.
My 2 cents:
Getting into someone's shoes is how we learn to understand and be empathic of their situation.
Even though you are the best of your class, doesn't mean you're the best in existence. Therefore, making things measurable and wearing them is one way to see how high we stand at ground-zero compared with the rest. That's when we innovate and push ourselves further.
Lastly, cute fluffs! Don't talk to them so much :)
Yeah~ Agree with you. And thats why I wont post any of my past...:P
I love yr positive note about life... and what shoe size you are wearing? lols
Oink oink! fellow PP~ like your slip-ons!
^^ He makes only originals. LOL~ I am a ciplak from the combination of genes from my parents.
Sometimes, I'd wished I would slow down to enjoy every moments that ticks away. But I can't. Wuu... Time is gold. Cannot waste. (that explains the walking speed I have now. The traffic police can saman me. LOL!)
Afraid of being hurt from other people that I'd sealed off my doors. A coward, I am. Can't help it since I know it myself. *picks up the shoes and looks at the sole* O.O ooo... got hole!
ROFL~ always like your blog. Sorry that I was gone from here for the past few months. I'd should make it to your blog when I'm free. ^^ FB and YT bind me. Evil evil mukabuku~ *peace*
Sometimes there is always jealousy, like when you lived the life someone always wanted. But of course those people dont see the downside of it. Perhaps if you post the downsides if it or tell them the downsides, its gonna make them wake up and see "oh, he's like me too! not everything is perfect! but yet he can make it so!" its gonna be so much more inspiring
The Fox wakes up from his hibernation..
You are who you are,
You are what God had made you,
You are meant to be wat you are now...
Life. Like it.. Live it..!!!
Sometimes I do envy those that is handsome, muscular.. But again,
You are who you are...
You can't choose how you look like, but you can choose how you like to be...
Emotioneel
i'm so enjoying reading ur blog all the time. wish that i can be ur friend. God bless. ^.^
[plainjoe] Rightfully said. :)
[carpe diem] It took me so long to realize. But better late than never.
[rotiboy] Glad you do. ^_^
[Medie007] Colourful rainbow life? ;p
[SynchingZincInc] True indeed, to walk in people's shoes to understand them better, and not to envy them.
[Little Fox] Little Dove welcomes Little Fox back to the blogging world with open arms.
[nicky05] Some pasts with good memories are worth revisiting. Happy pasts that is. :)
[pikey] I have small feet!
[reyion] Thank you for being my reader. Appreciate it. Don't forget to slow down and smell the flowers, then you can go back to speed walking. ;)
[Emo-Happiness] Exactly, and I will choose to be sunshine!
[hs] Thank you for being my avid reader. Friends are cool. :)
Love your quote, well said once again! :)
Wow! Fantastic post!
[Dummy] Thank you very much.
[CJ] Loved your new initials. :)
Post a Comment