Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Little Dove and the lecturer

University students love to gossip talk about their lecturers. Sometimes it’s good, sometimes bad and sometimes downright peculiar. I try to meet and talk to lecturers when I have the chance, be it a casual chat or asking questions. Mostly it will be the later. However, my conversation with this lecturer didn’t strike me as anything else until I mentioned to my friends.

Dr Alf A. Romeo: I heard you that you go swimming sometimes.

Little Dove: Yes.

Dr Alf A. Romeo: It’s been some time since I went to the pool. Do you still go to the pool?

Little Dove: Yes.

Dr Alf A. Romeo: I tried my old swimming trunk but I couldn’t fit into them anymore. Just that day, I got myself new trunks. I think I need to go swimming again.

Little Dove: Yes, it’s good to officiate your new swimming trunks.

Dr Alf A. Romeo: Since I have new trunks, I plan to go swimming soon. I bought a D&G.

Little Dove: Expensive brand!

Dr Alf A. Romeo: Yes. *smiles*

As I was relating the conversation to my friends, I was interrupted…

Candy Barr: He’s hitting on you!

Little Dove: How?

Hazle Nutt: Swimming trunks. D&G?

*Little Dove scratches head*

Canddy Barr: Dolce (pronounced Dol-cheh) and Gabbana are gay designers. Don’t you know?

Hazle Nutt: He’s definitely hitting on you. Haha…poor dove.

Candy Barr: You make everybody fall for you. It’s always the girls and now even guys as well. You convert guys to the other side.

*Little Dove groans with exasperation*

Little Dove: But I didn’t feel anything.

Candy Barr: Of course, you don’t. If you did, it means that something is wrong with you.

Oh, if only they knew. Little Dove feels disturbed now. I think my rusty Gaydar is in need of some polishing. I was so glad to get away from a stalker lecturer from my previous posting. There were troubling times of after office hours sms and dinner invitations which I politely declined. Now the cycle is starting all over again.

Wait, I heard my phone beeping. A new text message:

Do you have any dinner plans? (Dr Alf A. Romeo)

Help!!!
Little Dove

12 comments:

Jason said...

Lemme guess. The lecturer's bald, mid-aged, expanding waistline and wears a pair of thick specs?

Anonymous said...

thats so stereo-type la...

everybody needs a little love...its a pity when we all live in a world of looks, glamour and all round sexy..

we all could use that at times...

Janvier said...

Little Dove is popular - must have quite good market value if based on what he says. :)

How is news of Prince Charming?

Legolas said...

Go to dinner with him! That'll ensure an A for his class. If he's hot, that's a plus.

Fable Frog said...

lah~ just play along, till you got that perfect marks... Just go ahead and officiate his junks i mean trunks~ :P

savante said...

This is actually a lil sexy. teaacher-student. Ooh. Why don't you go along and see how it goes?

J.L said...

make use of the oppurnity. He might give you an A on your exam:)

Medie007 said...

we want more! we want more!

Jaded Jeremy said...

At least you do have gaydar :-)

Gonna be a party pooper here: yah stay away from him if you're uncomfortable.

Little Dove said...

[Jason] That was the case previously. This time, he's quite a looker, in his thirties.

[Anonymous] Little Dove does need a little love sometimes.

[Janvier] I have no market value. Haha.

Prince Charming's news? Coming soon...

[Legolas & Savante] I'm going to play along! ;p

[Fable Frog] Do what? O.O *innocent look*

[Chester] I want an A. But will work for it myself, just in case the plan doesn't work. ;p

[Ah Bong] More to come! ;)

[Jaded Jeremy] I did. But he's less scary nowadays. Contact is unavoidable.

Cyclohelix said...

you got invited for dinner, i get the opposite. They called me to ask for help on their presentations or pc-related stuff..lol

Little Dove said...

[Cyclohelix] That's even better! You get to learn lots of things.