It was already the second day of Raya. I didn’t feel like going out. I wasn’t looking forward for the movie date. This was not a good sign. I already promised him and not one to break promises, I dragged myself to get ready. It was already past noon when I texted him on his mobile.
Little Dove: I’m feeling a little down today. Don’t feel like going out. Feel like staying at home.
I thought he would get the hint and cancel today’s plan. When his reply came, I smiled.
Prince Charming: Why are you feeling down? I’ll cheer you up by kissing you when I meet you.
He did not mention anything of the movie, or why I only texted him so late. Instead, he told me he will cheer me up. I smiled. Here is a guy who wants to make Little Dove happy. How can I refuse his offer? ;p
As I met him at 4pm, he smiled when I saw him.
Prince Charming: You are dressed so nicely today. Have you had your lunch?
Little Dove: Yes.
Prince Charming: When was that?
Little Dove: 10am.
Silence…
Little Dove: Oh, I forgot to eat lunch. Now I feel hungry.
Prince Charming: Go have your lunch. I’ll queue for the movie tickets.
Little Dove: *blush* Thank you Prince…erm.. (his name).
I almost called him Prince Charming. Good thing I stopped in time. I walked to the café opposite the cinema ticket counter. I insisted on accompanying him in the queue but he shooed me off to eat. I always looked like a hungry boy when he sees me. I wonder if that would give a bad impression.
I was slurping my spaghetti and iced Milo happily when he came over with the tickets. We had a nice conversation over the meal. I asked him if he wanted to eat. He told me that he has eaten. When he saw me eating, he couldn’t resist ordering some food as well. In the end, he ate more than me. I have to admit I look quite seductive when I am eating.
Actually, I wasn’t anywhere being seductive. I had some Milo stains on my plain white shirt. I had no idea how it got there. Disaster. Embarrassment.
Little Dove looked at the stains on white shirt. Prince Charming looked at the stains on shirt. Then they both looked at each other.
Little Dove: Please pretend you didn’t see it. *turning a deeper shade of red*
Prince Charming: See what? *pretended to look elsewhere*
He was such a gentleman. He did not sit very closely to me at the table in the café or put his hands on my shoulders as we walked next to each other. Some guys would sit very closely and rub their thighs against yours or touch you whenever they have the chance. It’s not annoying, but it’s not very polite to do so in the public. Was this a lack of interest in me or is he really a man of honour? This I was to find out very soon.
As we walked around the shopping mall to kill time before the movie began, we passed by a music shop. Like on instinct, like a moth drawn to the flame, I pressed my face against the glass window of the shop, bewitched by the beautiful white grand piano. He saw me marveling at the piece of great musical instrument and asked me if I played the piano. I shook my head in denial. He didn’t believe me and wanted to pull my into the shop to play a song but he did not, to which I am glad.
We wanted to watch Mamma Mia but it wasn’t available. We had to settle for Painted Skin instead. As this is not a movie review but a movie date review, I’ll skip details of the movie. ;p
It was cold inside the cinema theatre. I was about to drift into hypothermia when I felt something warm holding me. He took my hands and placed it on his lap. I tried to pull my cold, frozen hands away. He held it firmly. I looked at him. He pretended to look away at the movie screen. At certain times, I tried to pull my hand back. He continued to grasp it firmly. I was worried my hand would feel like ice to him. He held my hands throughout the movie. He warmed not only my hands, he also warmed his way into my heart.
After the movie, it was getting late. I wanted to go back and study. He asked me to go for coffee. He saw hesitation on my face. I explained to him that I do not drink coffee as I am very sensitive to caffeine. He looked at me with the same kind of intense sorrow in his eyes, like on our first encounter. I relented and went ahead for a drink with him.
As the evening was drawing to an end, he walked me to my car. I had a really wonderful time with him. As I was going into my car, he held and blocked the door of my car.
Prince Charming: Don’t go yet. I don’t want to see you leave so soon.
Little Dove: I’ll see you again, promise.
As I was heading home, a familiar song started to play on the radio…
Why do birds suddenly appear?
Every time you are near?
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you.
Why do stars fall down from the sky?
Every time you walk by?
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you.

11 comments:
well am happy for you. :)
even tho you promise that we'll meet one day, i think it's best that we don't. and erm... delete my number la. no point of you having it.
Hearing music in your head? And Carpenter's 'Close To You'? Good sign, good times! Glad you had a great time!
i'm pretty to guys touching my hands or thighs unnecessarily in the cinema. but fr the way u describe it, he sounds very charming. =)
Very gentleMANly indeed :)
Now is the either the game of patience or both give in at the same time..timing's the essence..hehe
glad it turned out to be a nice day for you~
Wahh..so romantic..i like..more story ~ ^^
Very hard to find good gentlemen nowadays, y'know ~
Umm. You didn't jump him in the elevator?
Wah, so sweet hor.
Did you melt?
[slp] :)
[Janvier] Don't smack me on the head, ok? ;p
[Silencer] He is.
[Cyclohelix] Time will tell...
[Fable Frog] It was a nice day.
[Hamsap] I thought good gentlemen are extinct. Until now...
[Savante] Great suggestion! But we didn't take any elevators that day.
[Jason] Almost!
Why did you lie to him about you not knowing how to play the piano? No one would stop to look a piano if he/she doesn't know how to play one. Do you know he would melt if you play the piano? Hehehe...
Would he melt? Then I'll reserve this ability as my secret weapon. ;)
Post a Comment