Mr Kitahara is a famous Japanese TV satire movie star cum director.
A few years ago his mother passed away.
He went home to attend her funeral.
He never quite liked his mother,
because she kept asking him for money.
Should he missed a payment,
his mother would call him up and scolded him.
On top of that,
the more famous he became the more money
his mother demanded from him.
When he arrived at the funeral,
he still cried very miserably.
He felt that he did not fulfill his duties
as a son to take care of his mother during her living years.
At the end of the service,
as he was about to leave,
his brother handed him a small parcel saying,
"Mother asked me to pass this to you."
Carefully he opened the parcel.
He found within, a savings passbook and a letter.
The savings account was under his name
with a balance of tens of million Yen.
In the letter his mother wrote,
"Dear son, among all my children, you are the one whom got me most worried. You were never an academic, a true spendthrift and over generous to your friends.
When I knew that you were going to work in Tokyo,
I was worried that one day you would become a bankrupt.
That is why I insist on you sending me money every month.
This is to give you a drive to earn more money,
at the same time help you to save. Here is all your money,
I did not have to spend a cent,
for your brother has taken care of me very well.
Now take the money and spend wisely."
After reading the letter he broke down with tears and sorrow...
1 day ago

11 comments:
this is a good one...
i wonder, u always share the good article... and where do u get all these?! thx a lot for sharing...
think at the positive side for the the things we encounter... have faith at our GREAT Lord...
all the best for ur final..
it's one of the toughest exam...
mothers know us very well. think i'll be homsick now.. :(
Ah, Mothers. :)
Mine is in a form of saving insurance which I have to pay twice a year.
Now you make me want to hug my mum..
Give me a second..
Done.
I hugged her already...
Thanks for reminding us the simplest things in life.
Our mum...
Things are always not what they seem... And people do the most unexpected things.
Send me money?
That's a very touching story. Very contradicting to what I'd written =P
[Johnny] My mother sent it to me. I think she wants money once I start working.
[Muhammad Afif] Your mom is always a phone call away. :)
[Savante] Don't we just love them? ;)
[Legolas] I have a premium too.
[Emo-Hapiness] Most welcome! ^_^
[William] Do I start calling you mommy? ;p
[LM] It's alright to feel that way sometimes but don't let it linger. Look on the bright side, you're getting a new car.
hahaha! ya.. then, u shud offer MORE for her... and, tat's for u! BEST investment!
Would have been better to have it made known much earlier than have wasted frustrated years. Does this make her son feel better now? Of course not.
Life is short. Let's not waste it.
[Jaded Jeremy] I think if it was made known earlier, the son would not have send his mother the money. :)
Post a Comment