Monday, June 30, 2008

In a trance

The whole week was dream-like in sequence. I was in a trance most of the time. It was probably due to the medication I was taking. I was having fever, runny nose, sore throat and cough. I was given a two-day MC by the doctor. I was absent for half-a-day only, for the morning ward session. I couldn’t afford to miss the lecture in the afternoon. So I was a blur dove for the rest of the week. And a silent one too. The sore throat gave me difficulty in speech. And cough was so bad, felt like I was coughing my intestines out.

I realized I have good friends. Many sent me sms expressing their concern. They found it weird to see me falling ill. They think I am superdove. I am just little dove.

I slept throughout the weekend. All I needed was bedrest. I yearned for some tender loving care as well. Well, not every wish can come true.

About my depression, I guess I didn’t even give it enough attention. It disappeared as quickly as it came. If I had stopped and think about it, I do not know what would have happened. But I could not afford to breakdown. I carry responsibilities on my shoulder, and I have to keep on lifting them. I just need to learn one thing right now. Be happy.

I am not looking forward for the weeks to come. I am tired. But I am ready to face it. I will be working very hard for the next few weeks and hopefully do well for my exam.

Thank you for your good night sms.

Heavy hearts, like heavy clouds in the sky, are best relieved by the letting of a little water
Little Dove

2 comments:

William said...

Too much rain can cause floods. Let the sun shine. :)

Little Dove said...

[William] :)