Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Letter from the Ex

Hi Little Dove,

I would like to invite you to __________ for two days.
I would like to celebrate your birthday with you.

I would like to date you on ________ for a dinner of your choice and hotel provided.

Air ticket or any sort of transport of your choice is provided. I hope you can accept my invitation since it is weekend. I understand that you have classes on weekdays.

Please let me know soon as I remember it is your birthday.

Love,
The Ex


It has been years since we talked to each other. I have eluded him for a long time. I just want to forget him. I have changed my phone number a few times. I even convinced my parents to change the house telephone number so he could not call home and ask them where I am now. The only way he could reach me is by email.

I am thinking of what reply to give him.

a) Not interested.
b) Do not reply at all.

To be honest, I am more interested in not replying him at all.

10 comments:

J.L said...

Well, you have free meal and present. Why dont you accept it?

Jaded Jeremy said...

Can't really say. I supposed if you really want to forget him and not even interested in being friends, then option (a) seems to be the one.

Anonymous said...

i'd chose option (b)..huhuhu...but then if it would just prolong the problem of he-searching-me-and-contacting-me while u urself don't want to have any contact with him at all, option (a) would be nice

Jason said...

Er... is he really that bad till there's no option C?

Cyclohelix said...

Not to be rude, but I think it's a bit out of touch... he could be the one coming to you or the email could be less mouthful like asking your current life instead of a direct invitation after this while..no?

If you are able to manage your emotions well in front of him, by all means give it a go and let him know that this could be the last time or reinstate a friendship only relationship face to face...if he can reason with that, I think it's going to be meaningful the least :)

Fable Frog said...

Well, just follow what you feel~ no use to pretend~ the vacation won't be happy if either one of you are unhappy~ right? i think being frank is the way~ though it can be oh so hurtful sometimes~

savante said...

Umm.. aren't you even the least bit curious?

Janvier said...

a) Closure?
b) Future possibilities?

nase said...

I won't even bother if I have resolved to totally forget abt him.

Little Dove said...

[Chester] Because emotions are involved.

[Jaded Jeremy] I almost wanted to write back to him with option A. But something else happened.

[aM] I think you're right. The problem needs to be confronted.

[Jason] Option C did appear, a bit later though.

[Cyclohelix] Emotions run deep, I'm not strong enough to do it.

[Fable Frog] I will choose to be honest but with lots of tact.

[Savante] I understand him too well to be curious.

[Janvier] c)Hanging

[Nase] I am planning to do that, but sometimes, things happen the other way round.