I don’t mind. Everyone has their secrets. Everyone has a right to maintain their privacy. I respect it. No worries de.
This was Prince Charming's reply to my sms confession. When someone is already so experienced, he won’t be easily fazed with such confessions. He had been staying overseas for some time. He has travelled around the world. For someone in his thirties, I believe he has seen many things. He didn't even ask why.
I don’t like telling people much about myself. It’s just a habit since young. I am always the listener. Seldom the talker. Would being a great listener make me a good doctor someday? However, being a quiet boy makes me a bad medical student. Medical students are required to be able to speak well, speak with confidence, talk to strangers (imagine seeing 30 patients whom you do not know for the first time in one day), speak in public and defend their ideas when challenged by their lecturers or peers. I‘m just too quiet and shy to do all that. Probably explains why I am into sports that I can do alone like running, cycling, swimming and mountain hiking. I love peace.
Till now, Prince Charming does not know this Little Dove flew out from the depths of an exotic rainforest. Sometimes, when I drive around KL, with Prince Charming beside me as the passenger, I would make wrong turns. I am still unfamiliar with some roads in KL. Prince Charming would look at me and give me a sheepish grin.
Prince Charming said that he guessed I am a medical student from the way I talked and carried myself. He thought the way I explained things reminded him of his own doctor. Once he injured himself and I quickly went to his aid. He said that the way I touched him felt different. My touch itself made him feel better. He said that he was not surprised with my disclosure. I think he is being very nice with words.
I went to watch A Mei sing last Friday, alone. My first ever concert. Prince Charming is out of town to look after his business. A Mei was amazing. She is getting raving reviews for her concert from all forms of mass media.
This was Prince Charming's reply to my sms confession. When someone is already so experienced, he won’t be easily fazed with such confessions. He had been staying overseas for some time. He has travelled around the world. For someone in his thirties, I believe he has seen many things. He didn't even ask why.
I don’t like telling people much about myself. It’s just a habit since young. I am always the listener. Seldom the talker. Would being a great listener make me a good doctor someday? However, being a quiet boy makes me a bad medical student. Medical students are required to be able to speak well, speak with confidence, talk to strangers (imagine seeing 30 patients whom you do not know for the first time in one day), speak in public and defend their ideas when challenged by their lecturers or peers. I‘m just too quiet and shy to do all that. Probably explains why I am into sports that I can do alone like running, cycling, swimming and mountain hiking. I love peace.
Till now, Prince Charming does not know this Little Dove flew out from the depths of an exotic rainforest. Sometimes, when I drive around KL, with Prince Charming beside me as the passenger, I would make wrong turns. I am still unfamiliar with some roads in KL. Prince Charming would look at me and give me a sheepish grin.
Prince Charming said that he guessed I am a medical student from the way I talked and carried myself. He thought the way I explained things reminded him of his own doctor. Once he injured himself and I quickly went to his aid. He said that the way I touched him felt different. My touch itself made him feel better. He said that he was not surprised with my disclosure. I think he is being very nice with words.
I went to watch A Mei sing last Friday, alone. My first ever concert. Prince Charming is out of town to look after his business. A Mei was amazing. She is getting raving reviews for her concert from all forms of mass media.
The number one reason I do not like to tell people about myself is because I do not want to get close to people and I do not want them to get close to me.
I am not clairvoyant but I always trust my emotions. Most of the time, they are always right. Somehow, I don’t have a good feeling about this. Only time will reveal.

16 comments:
Amei is great..
and, happy for u and PC...
Me too, very often, i juz trust my 6th sense.. i only talk to those i feel good about him/her... XD
enjoy ur medical life..
ya.. u need to talk, but at the same time, u need to be a good listener as well..
i know, u'll be a good doctor!
see.........i told you not to worry..
"The sun will comes out tomorrow, bet you bottom dollar that tomorrow will be fine" - Annie.
ehh.....how exotic the rainforest ar?? can bring me there or not?? :P
Have a little faith, lil dove!
You do not want to be close to people? Why is that? Are you sure it's not fear?
IMHO, the fact that he's in his thirties doesn't explain his reaction. Trust me.
You don't want to be close to people because you rather shun chance of greater happiness than to suffer chance of greater sadness? That's understandable
The ones you love will always understand how you feel, no matter what. It doesn't have to be an age gap, or a cultural gap or anything - but when you love someone for who they are, you accept them fully for who they are, secrets or not. :)
So don't fret. All is well.
Shyness could be a very alluring trait! ^_^
+Ant+
He is sooo soooo sweet...
you shud be more open to others.. hehe!!
he's a keeper! :)
awww... such a sweet guy, prince charming indeed. :D
and don't worry, i'm sure you're going to be a good doc. :D
You don't want people to get to know you? Why is that?
:) I was like yourself last time, then it all struck me that something needs to be done and i need to deal with it. 'It's your problem if you cant deal with it, and health care practitioners should be problem solvers, be it to patient and non-patient alike.' Learn from mistakes, be steadfast yet modest, assertive but lenient with critical words, understanding and finally tolerating to different feelings from others. It will be second nature soon, so Gambateh!
OMG... watching concert alone? that's too boring mate ^_^
its only to be with yourself sometimes.. having a big bunch of friends or to be close to a lot of people, may not necessary makeit any better.. as long as you are comfortable, its good :)
No man's an island. That concert cause a super jam in front of my housing area!!! ;P
[宏轩 ] Thanks for your confidence in me. ^_^
[Paul J] Good quote. The rainforest is a scary place. The city is better. :)
[Savante] I will do my very best doc.
[Ban] It's not fear Mr Bunny Ban, it's trust.
[Jaded Jeremy] If given only one choice, I will choose happiness over love.
[Sam] Perhaps, he does understand after all.
[JD Cole] You're right!
[*Anton*] So somebody likes shy guys. ;p
[Johny] Opening up takes some time for me.
[Serm] Time will tell. ^_^
[Medie007] Thanks Bong.
[Jason] I lost my trust in men sometime ago.
[Cyclohelix] Good advice. Thank you.
[Willy] I enjoyed myself, nonetheless. ^_^
[Leon Koh] Finally, someone who understands my concept of being alone sometimes.
[William] Super singer = Super concert = Super jam? ;p
Post a Comment