I was smiling happily after listening to the funny Hakka song posted by Fable Froggie.
Then I stumbled upon this Hakka Song.
It's about a beautiful place in Malaysia. *wink* There are chinese subtitles to those who read mandarin but do not understand Hakka. This song is about a man singing about his girlfriend, his heartache and his favourite town with a local flavour. He sings with conviction!
Can you guess the place? ^_^

8 comments:
hakka and hokkien... wa tak tau LOL
OMG... hakka song fever has spread! Froggy, you have corrupted innocent minds!
HAHAHAHAHA...
Though I cannot understand it but the way he sings it and the lyrics are just hilarious!
HAHAHAHA.. too bad i dont understand hakka lar.
lol, really nice one, i can understand but cant speak that well although i am not hakka
Hakka always makes me uncomfortable as it sounds like off-key cantonese. :P
Sorry, I don't know any such songs. Perhaps you can translate it for me?
Word verification: Irish.
Nice. That's nice!
[Willy] Wa pun pandai sikit saja.
[Ban] Hakka songs are kinda cute ^_^
[Glog] It is a sad Hakka song... ;p
[Pikey] But you're a master at Japanese!
[Cyclohelix] Yay, someone understands the song! ^_^
[William] I think the off-key-ness gives Hakka its distinct character from other dialects.
[Paul Rainbowpluboy] I could translate, once I find the time. ;)
Finally, a word verification that makes sense.
Post a Comment