Today, mom gave away the ancient upright piano in the house to make room for the new musical instrument at home. No one plays it except me and I haven’t been home for more than half a year. I don’t mind her giving it away as long as she doesn’t disturb my super keyboard. It’s like my baby. I took one whole month to learn how to use all its functions. With it I could make MIDI, conduct an orchestra and make my own soundtrack music.
It’s such a romantic day today. The weather was just lovely. Light drizzling of rain with dark cloudy skies bringing cool breeze. I have a love affair with rainy days. Morever, Monday blues is far, far away as it is a public holiday. I dug out one of my old recordings. One of my most favourite songs. It has all my favourite chords in it, and it keeps repeating over and over again. How could I not love it! I realized that most of the songs that I like tend have the same chord progression. Examples are the choruses of Jeff Chang’s (張信哲) “愛如潮水” (Love is like a tidal wave), Joey Yung’s (容祖兒) “習慣失戀” (Used to heartbreak), Atlantic Starr’s “Masterpiece”, the bridge part in 五月天's (Mayday) "突然好想你" (Missing you suddenly) and the intro to Alicia Key’s “If I ain’t got you.”
I've been playing this song for years. Fell in love with it since I first heard it more than 5 years ago. This is my warm up song on the piano (I don't like the scales). I will always play this song the moment my fingers touch the piano keys. My brother and sister will surely know it's me if they stumble upon this blog. Imagine this kind of noise pollution they have to endure for many years just for staying in the same house with me. ;p

13 comments:
Oh wow! I did not know you are so skillful in playing musical instruments.
It was so beautiful.
How sad to have to give away the ol piano.
Nice soothing music. ^_^
+Ant+
The only reason I play the same song over and over when I get to the piano is because that's all I ever learned! I'm self-trained, memorizing the keys I have to play - never learned piano for real, really. :P
nice one there Lil'Dove :) very relaxing.
you are not having love affair with rainy days, you're having love affair with Prince Charming!
guys that play well piano are always charm ^_^
wat a beautiful melody :)
It's soothing...
Don't you feel sad to give away something old that is so sentimental? If I were you, I will be heavy hearted to give it away. After all, with age, comes the sentimental value. And the value increases with age.
awww... u play musical instruments. i'm in love with you now. :D
on another different matter, i withdrew my later half of my previous comment. i don't love you anymore. :P
and hey, congrates on you and ur prince charming. schweet! :D
[Paul Rainbowpluboy] My skill level: amateur.
[ichimaru akira] Thank you.
[*Anton*] Sad but I had no choice.
[Sam] That is a gift.
[Serm] Thank you. I'm glad the song made you feel the same way I did.
[Paul J] Hmmm... not really. ;)
[Willy] Well, you are one of them ;)
[JD Cole] Beautiful melodies come from the heart.
[Jaded Jeremy] It makes me dream of a faraway land...where there are no worries to burden the heart.
[Mannpriedo d'Saintner ] I strongly believe in passing on the blessing. There might be others who need it more than myself.
[Bong] I know you don't love me. You have love affairs with your clothes and shoes. ;p
Post a Comment