Thursday, January 29, 2009

Rainy days


I love rainy days. The sky was dark and I started hearing the sounds of a million raindrops. Everything becomes beautiful on rainy days. I enjoy a good rainy day. I loved listening to the rain on my house's metal roof growing up. I love being at home during a good thunderstorm. I love the smell of a rainy day. Life should just stop for a while, and we should all be able to stay at home in our sleeping clothes. Then, you can relax and do whatever you feel like doing on rainy days:

· Sleep as late, or get up as early as you wish
· Stay in comfy sweats all day
· Make a cup of hot tea in your favourite mug
· Put some jazz on, sit back and relax
· Open the window and listen to raindrops fall
· Sit on the couch and watch TV
· Snuggle with someone you love

Well, that's what I would like to do anyway. I love rainy days.

What would you do on rainy days?

18 comments:

BB said...

i remember a quote.
" i love walking in the rain, as nobody see i am crying."

very true eh?

Julian S said...

I don't really like rainy days. But, it would be perfect if I could sit at the side of a cafe, sipping a cup of coffee, while looking at people outside.

Anonymous said...

i'd love to be hugged by that special someone during rainy days~

Anonymous said...

In Malaysia: YES, I like raining day
But in oversea countries, which still in winter now, please no rain or else snow will be 'huge' :P

Fable Frog said...

YES! we finally have heavy rain here today after 3 whole week of dryness~ it's so cool and nice now~

but sit on the couch and watch tv? you can do that with or without rain wat~ still make no difference~ LOL

Jaded Jeremy said...

I like rainy days only if I'm indoor and plan to stay that way. Hmmm...guess best thing to do is to sit and read a nice story book and drink something warm.

nase said...

I love rainy days esp when you can snuggle in bed with a loved one...

I love rainy days esp when you're in a car with your loved one.

I love the smell of pre rain and rain and post rain too!

Anonymous said...

I feel romantic and lovey-dovey when it rains provided I'm in my room and not outside trying to run to the nearest shelter. Hahaha!!!

Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain...telling me just what a fool I've been... (it's a song) Hehehe...

Serm said...

rain's awesome! if there's no special someone to snuggle with, a nice couch and a good book go perfectly together too!

Anonymous said...

Whenever I see heavy rainfall, i always remember those documentaries on discovery that shows the 1st rainfall after a long dry spell in the savannah. That is the best part, to see the end of suffering and the rejoicing of the creatures. Have you seen any before?

MrBunnyBan said...

Everyone: Rainy day with loved one doesn't count!

Me likes rain. I think I like the sound more than anything else. Brings out a kind of 'zen' in me. I'd like nothing better than to just sit down quietly and take in the sounds of rain.

Jason said...

I might wanna dance in the rain :)

Janvier said...

We love the rain too! Won't mind walking in light drizzles so long as it doesn't make our books wet. For heavy rain when indoors: book, couch/bed, drink. Bliss.

[SK] said...

do you still enjoy rainy days if you are being caught in the rain?? hehe :p

savante said...

I grab a nice paperback, a cup of coffee and sit by the window to read.

William said...

when i was little, it would flood during the monsoon, and I would fold paper boats!

Reszurrecdito M. d'Saintner said...

I love it too, but I hated the thunderstorm when I was small. I was very scared of it at that time! But then, a rain is surely something we loved to enjoy and snug ourselves in a warm bed.

Little Dove said...

[hamster me] Very true indeed.

[Julian S] Sitting inside the cafe all warm and dry while watching people outside the cafe running helter-skelter from the rain? ;p

[JD Cole] I think all of us would love that.

[Kevin TP] Must be scary if it rains during winter.

[Fable frog] If rain, we need to turn the volume louder. ;p

[Jaded Jeremy] Feels warm to do all that on a rainy day.

[Nase] Rainy days are so romantic.

[Calvin] I know that evergreen song. ^_^

[Serm] Something I would love to do. :)

[*Anton*] I've seen such documentaries. Rain becomes such a spiritual thing.

[Ban] Raindrops are so peaceful.

[Jason] I might too. ;P I have tried jogging and swimming during drizzles.

[Janvier] Rainy days are blissful as long as we are warm and dry.

[SK] I would be all wet and complaining. But as soon as I get back home and dry myself, I'm back in love with rainy days.

[Savante] And enjoy the view from the window.

[William] That's cool. Can teach me how to fold?

[Mannpriedo d'Saintner] Thunderstorms are still scary nowadays. I will quickly unplug my modem and router. Sleeping in during rainy days are the best.