Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Not going home


I am feeling a little sad after reading SLP’s post, “There’s only one space, and it’s for you." Furthermore, his bloggie’s background was playing “White Love Story” from the Korean drama Coffee Prince. I thought we all don’t need love. Just yesterday, I was listening to Pussycatdolls’s “I Don’t Need A Man.” I felt so liberated, and so free. Sometimes, I am kind of envious when I see lovebirds in shopping malls, restaurants and those sitting together in the car. All of a sudden, I feel lonely. I am missing someone too. And I feel lost. Oh SLP, you just made me cry.

Mommy called last night. She seldom calls. She knows how busy I am with my studies and the additional work that I do. She wanted me to come home for Chinese New Year. I wanted to stay back and study for exams. She said exams are not everything and it should not be my master. She asked me where I wanted to go during the public holidays. I told her I’m going to the hospital. I wanted to practice examining patients and improve myself. I want to be a good doctor in the future. I always feel I am not good enough. I am always not good enough. I love someone so much. I made him the number one person in my life. And yet, I am just number two in his life. He had to love someone else more. I am always not good enough. Even if I am tall enough, goodlooking enough, hardworking enough, clever enough, independent enough, influential enough, fit enough, understanding enough. It was never enough. I am always not good enough.

Mommy asked me to bring some Mandarin oranges for my patients at the hospital. I smiled at her thoughtful suggestion. Told her I will bring some, but not for the diabetics. Before she ended the call, she asked me to go home again. She asked me to fly home anytime I feel like it. If there are no more seats, she will charter a flight for me. She sounded sad. She wants to see me. She misses me. I miss her too.

12 comments:

Darren said...

oh my gawd...why r u not going home? it's cny man!a very important exam?

joshua said...

Home is where the heart is.

And your mum is so sweet. Try find time to go back and spend time with her? I bet it will make her very happy.

Janvier said...

A holiday to take a break from it all! Then back to the daily grind all fresh. Don't overwork yourself kay?

Glog said...

awww...
You are already showing some great qualities in being a doctor but its chinese new year and you only have your years being a student to spend time back home before you become a doctor in which less time can be shared together...

And don't feel lonely...
I feel the same way too but i decided that I am gonna enjoy being with me,myself and I...
Cliche but I am learning to love myself more now...

Anonymous said...

do what ur heart desired to~

celebrations come and go but sacrifices will make the future celebrations mor emeaningful :)

Fable Frog said...

go back~ even if just for 2 days or so~

Anonymous said...

Thr thr.. you are certainly not alone. You are so ody so Blessed to hv a mom like that. Fcuk the whoever, you deserve better.... and trust me, the "one" will appear soon and swipe you off your feet. Agree wif Fable, 2-3 days won't do damage to ur learning, so go home & make ur Mom happy.

Looking forward to hearing u post love-dovey songs in the near future ^_^
+Ant+

Jason said...

Take a break, see you mom, munch some cookies and home cooked food and you'll be good to go again.

Julian S said...

life is not jz about studies. i mean life as student. you did remind me that i am alone. but at least you're lucky to find ur other half. relationship is a mutual thingy. need to work out more. all da best n happy CNY!

nase said...

Dear Lil Dovey,

It melts my heart to read what you wrote abt your mom. Here's a piece of advice from someone who'd been there and done that, weigh your choices/decisions carefully to go back home or not with your exams preparations. personally i feel you should spend the CNY with mom and you could still study at home in btw breaks.

Serm said...

:( *hugs*

Medie007 said...

awwww... i totally feel for you. i'm never good enough too. and i feel dumber and dumber...