That was the million dollar question I wanted to ask Prince Charming. I read all my readers' comments and took every one of them into consideration before making my decision. I summoned the courage to ask him, via email, as that is the way we usually communicate, when Prince Charming is working abroad.
I decided against being too direct as I didn't want Prince Charming to feel any pressure. I asked him a different question, but with the ultimate goal to get answer I have been seeking all this time. Below is my email conversation with him:
Little Dove: Are you single?
Prince Charming: Huh? What do you mean? Of course I am single.
My hopes were raised a little.
Little Dove: I asked because I am interested in you.
Prince Charming: Hahaha. You want to marry me? But I prefer to stay single. I'm really scared to be attached for now. I do hope you understand how I feel.
Prince Charming knew what I wanted to ask. He knew all along but pretended not to know until I brought it up. He was very nice to me these two years but still maintained some distance. Maybe that was his way of telling me, this is as much as I can offer you.
I am completely fine. I guess, I knew the answer after all, even before I made my decision. That was why I confidently applied to go back home for my housemanship training. I never felt close enough to Prince Charming to make me want to stay. He is truly a Prince Charming, just that he is not the Prince Charming for me. I know he will make a dashing Prince Charming for one lucky guy someday. I believe mine is still somewhere out there. Fighting dragons and evil witches, making his way to me.
I am going to remain friends with Prince Charming. Until then, I will be a happily single dovey flying freely in the skies. To quote a personal hero of mine, Nicole Scherzinger of Pussycat Dolls, "As long as I know how to love, I know I will stay alive. Hush hush!"
I feel strange happiness listening to this song
Little Dove

21 comments:
*hugs*. Well, I was rejected a week back. Guess just like you, the someone is somewhere out there. At least you've a prince charming like that with you for 2 years. :) I have none. Haha.
hmmm he didn't actually say he wasn't interested in you rite? just that he doesn't want to make any big commitments. Could be something more there.
besides, it's hard to convey tone through e-mail!
well,he might not have noticed his own concerns for you, being so-not-over the ex yet. Glad that you confronted him. Or the question would be just hanging there.
you forgot the defying the evil stepmother part. LOL
"I will survive~ oh yea!"
All the best in your housemanship. Prince Charming. The End.
旧的不去,新的不来
i wish u'd be able to find a new beginning somewhere near home.
=D
cheers!
He's still not over his ex, therefore not in the mood for a new r/ship. If only people could give love to those who need it and not just think about their own needs...
Well other than KL, you might wanna consider singapore, considered by many as the mecca of SE Asia's gay community with all the hot, muscled guys *wipes off drool*
the fox feels, its not exactly a good excuse yet to go back home...you might wanna stick around a teeny bit longer.
no worries for u, i believe they r many out there waiting for u....it wouldnt be long b4 u found new love again =)
I guess you must be feeling more relieved now, even though the answer might not be in your favour. Kudos for your great courage for asking him the question coz now you have one less thing to think about! Cheers! :)
Do what you want, and keep moving forward. Have a good housemanship experience wherever you opted to be!
Sometimes, we just have to put our feet down to put a stop to uncertainties.
Now that you know, you can close this chapter and move to the next. Someone out there will make your dream come true. Time will tell.
Meanwhile give your HO and MO days your best shot. The rest shall fall into place.
Hope u'll get the place of ur choice 4ur hzmanship. It's true. You can still hope for Prince Charming to accept u one day but in the mean time, u still need to open up yourself for a potential new prince charming that might click with u! Take care ok.
The lack of romance is not something major to cry about.
I am sure a gentleman like you has a lot of love from your family, friends, patients? and the such.
True love comes when you least expect it. Hits you like a sucker.
Meanwhile, enjoy the ride.
Life's to short to build it around other people.
be prepared and expect the worse when making decision or expecting something. then the damages, if there are any, can be reduced greatly ^^
[Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot
[C'est la vie] We're in the same boat. Hugs back :)
[J-boy] You're right. The next thing that happened was indeed unexpected! ;p
[reyion] Yes, and the evil stepmother.
[William] Thanks. Short and concise!
[nicky05] I've emotionally prepared myself for this. I'm letting go. :)
[Lucifer] There's nothing much at home really, well, except for that one hot guy. Hmm, I wonder if he is still single.
[Little Fox] I wish I can stick around longer, but I wish to spend time with my family now, while they are still around.
*helps Little Fox wipes his drool*
[Kenny] True love is hard to find. But I'll be fine. :)
[dummy] I'm relieved, like a burden lifted off my shoulder.
[plainjoe] You're right about putting the feet down part.
[carpe diem] I hope so too. For now, I will depend on myself to make my own dreams come true.
[simonlover] Opening up has always been a problem for me. I'll try my best!
[jamie] Rightly said. All that matters is that we love with all our hearts and be happy. Simple as that.
[Ultraman Jino] I was prepared, a little disappointed but doing fine nonetheless. :)
At least you tried and can move on. Sorry it didn't work out but it's good you're taking it well. Keep looking. By the time I found mine, I'm already over 30 years old :)
Glad to hear that little dove is able to make himself fly freely in the blue blue sky again. Best wishes for ur housemanship. Take care..
[Jaded Jeremy] I think I'll be single for now. I feel happier.
[hs] Thank you ^_^
Because at the end of the day, you know that the family will still be there and they do love you unconditionally (but in our case, that is if they dont know we're PLU :()
so do have fun with your family :) hope you got internet back there :p
I like being single as well because there's not so much pressure and accommodations to be made. Learning to adapt to another person can be a very draining experience, especially if the other person is selfish.
That is why i dont find a need for a r/ship when i got good friends and lots to do in my life.
The fox is happier being single too ^_^
[Little Fox] Family always offer the greatest love, especially the parents. ^_^
p/s: I have high speed WiFi at home. ;)
i can be ur prince charming as well. :p
[William] Haha ;p
Post a Comment