I told him I am not going to have sex.
He thinks I am a monk.
I told him I like him.
He tells me he is into a non-committed relationship at the moment.
I told him I am nobody.
He thinks I am special.
I told him to smile more often.
He thinks he looks funny when he smiles but he would do it for me.
I told him I am leaving.
He is heartbroken.
After three failed relationships with cheating men, I thought God has sent me love in the form of Prince Charming. He was everything I ever wanted. From his height, love for sport, well-taken care body, stable profession, quickness of the mind, to his caring personality, reliability and patience. Moreover, he has already made his first million, though it intimidates me sometimes.
However, destiny plays a cruel game. Having his heart shattered by his extremely handsome PhD boyfriend of seven years, Prince Charming is not in the hurry to fall in love again. My interest with him waxes and wanes ever since I learned of his stand in our friendship or pseudorelationship. I feel sadness, because I clearly know what I want, yet fate would not let me have this love that I thought would work.
I feel guilty, because I have given up on him and whatever inkling of hope that might have grown should I continue to water the seeds of love. I hardly invest my time in things that would not work out. I have myself to blame for being too realistic and objective minded.
Without love, I thought I have nothing. Then, I am blessed, because I already have most of the things in life. From my appearance, intellect, to my loving family and friends. I couldn’t ask God for more. He might think I am too greedy. I should be contented. I ask for nothing, that I can live without.
Without love, I feel empty. Sometimes, it does make me feel that I have nothing when in fact I have almost everything I need. It gets worse when the night is quiet and I have a hard time falling asleep.
As Prince Charming looks for his non-committed relationship, I wish him all the best and hopes that he finds a guy that would make him happy. That guy would not be me.
Goodbye my sweetheart, Mr Prince Charming.
He thinks I am a monk.
I told him I like him.
He tells me he is into a non-committed relationship at the moment.
I told him I am nobody.
He thinks I am special.
I told him to smile more often.
He thinks he looks funny when he smiles but he would do it for me.
I told him I am leaving.
He is heartbroken.
After three failed relationships with cheating men, I thought God has sent me love in the form of Prince Charming. He was everything I ever wanted. From his height, love for sport, well-taken care body, stable profession, quickness of the mind, to his caring personality, reliability and patience. Moreover, he has already made his first million, though it intimidates me sometimes.
However, destiny plays a cruel game. Having his heart shattered by his extremely handsome PhD boyfriend of seven years, Prince Charming is not in the hurry to fall in love again. My interest with him waxes and wanes ever since I learned of his stand in our friendship or pseudorelationship. I feel sadness, because I clearly know what I want, yet fate would not let me have this love that I thought would work.
I feel guilty, because I have given up on him and whatever inkling of hope that might have grown should I continue to water the seeds of love. I hardly invest my time in things that would not work out. I have myself to blame for being too realistic and objective minded.
Without love, I thought I have nothing. Then, I am blessed, because I already have most of the things in life. From my appearance, intellect, to my loving family and friends. I couldn’t ask God for more. He might think I am too greedy. I should be contented. I ask for nothing, that I can live without.
Without love, I feel empty. Sometimes, it does make me feel that I have nothing when in fact I have almost everything I need. It gets worse when the night is quiet and I have a hard time falling asleep.
As Prince Charming looks for his non-committed relationship, I wish him all the best and hopes that he finds a guy that would make him happy. That guy would not be me.
Goodbye my sweetheart, Mr Prince Charming.
dearest God,
would you listen to my little prayer?
i ask for love, i can possess…

22 comments:
Ah, but why should you fear a lover's loss if you are happy with the life you have led, if you can look back on everything and say, 'Yes, I am content'. It is enough.
Love is transient and so is sorrow. You will find your way back to love, eventually.
Since both of you are looking for different things... then it is time to part. Your knight will come...
So sorry to hear about this but it takes two to tango, it takes two hands to clap, so if one party is not willing, then no point forcing or staying and waiting foolishly. Move on and who knows, the true love will appear after this episode.
You are brave, my friend. Fear not, your love will reside in someone whom you'll treasure, and he'll do the same.
*gives big hug*
Moving on is tough, but making the decision to move on is already a helpful first step.
Time heals everything. I know it's such a cliche, but it's true :)
next!!
tuls: Oprah, can you please help my blogger friend here to find love?
oprah: why of course! *clap clap*
*an army of guys marched out from sean cody's chamber*
oprah: choose now lil dovey! spread your wings and fly after that!!
ok, im dame lame.. hahahaa..
obviously from how i see it, he dosent see you as important enough to even give you a chance. i wouldnt believe any of his words if i were you at this point. Because we both know its not honest words.
What love is not worth the risk taking? Probably one where it dosent matter enough.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rBiTL0ej2o
here's a song by a musical genius, written after his breakup with Brigette Bardot. Hopefully this can help you through this hard time.
Love may come in our most unexpected ways..
God will eventually hears your prayers... =) just have faith and don't give up on love...
a guy who is not committed is only wasting ur time. worst is it breaks ur heart. u've made a gud choice. move on. ur knight with shinning armor will come.
I think you are correct. But hard to let go, because I tried before.. All the best .. Pocket of sunshine.. THings will come out fine.. :) U have us friends to pray for you also..
Hey.. I've been reading your blog and I like the sincerity that you are expressing in it..
Just move on and don't let this kind of thing to get in the way for you to enjoy life to the fullest.. If he doesn't want to reciprocate then it is better for you to let the lingering feelings to go..
This just happened to me as well, but unlike you, my relationship with my Prince Charming was not a long one.
Nonetheless, we had to let go because of the distance we would have to endure between us in the coming weeks. I wanted to hold on, to try and go the distance, but I don't think he was ready to go for an LDR and well... love is love, and reality is reality.
Destiny plays a cruel game. It brought us together for a while to show us what we could have, and then it takes us apart again. My heart goes out to you, because I can empathise how you feel.
Hey jz passing by. =D well, at least you hav put your mind to it. Its a good thing, though painful, i am sure u will find that someone somewhere, someday. =)
[the penile poet] Yes, I am content. Hopefully, someday my heart will find love again.
[William] It will be the sweetest parting. I will not forget him.
[CJ] True love has always been elusive. I will have no more expectations.
[Legolas] I know he's out there somewhere, with some love for my soul.
[J-boy] It is true indeed. From personal experience, time does heal all wounds. You heal faster when you're older and wiser.
[tuls] You made my day dear tuls. Thank you!
[Little Fox] I never really thought about that. Thank you for helping me see things from a different angle. That's one amazing song from Serge Gainsbourg.
[pikey] Love may come in the most unexpected ways, and we can never fully fathom love.
[Jason] I believe God does hear our little prayers, as long as we pray from the heart.
[Koala Express] As I get older, I start making the right decisions. I think wisdom has be to earned, it does not come with age. I just wish to be happy, and life to be more simple.
[Emo-Happiness] Letting go will take some time. Thank you for having little dove in your prayers.
[byronmc] Thank you reading. I always write from the heart. I will move on.
[Sam Nasser] Hugs to Sammie. We've been in the similar predicament. We can't have love, if they are not ready to give.
[Vincent~] Thank you for visiting. I smiled reading "stupid medic facilities" in your bloggie. All the best in your studies. Someday, I will find a love, that I can possess.
i've been readimg about ur stories with prince charming. amd i cam tell how ideal is he to u, and i secretly wished for some happily ever after end8ng between u (like a fan of tv series).
from my least expected, it turns out this way. i know ur pain as even i can feel the pain and the loss. but u r very wise and know what is the best for u. it's not easy to make a decision that hurts ur heart right away, but if u don't it will hurt u more in the long run. while u have made the decision, be strong and stay with it. maybe he is just not ur destination, but with this scenery before u reach ur destination, it makes the whole travel even more beautiful and ur destination more worthwhile than ever.
[rotiboy] Prince Charming did make my journey a beautiful one even though it had to end on a sad note. Thank you for helping me see things from this perspective.
I want to share with you my posting on February 16, 2010. It helped me look at things from another perspective.
i am glad you understand the way of life. you will be someone, in someone's heart in future...
[Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot
[carpe diem] He was around for some REASON, for a short SEASON and he will be etched in my memory for a LIFETIME. :)
[Ultraman Jino] Thank you. That was really nice of you for saying that. I really hope so, someday.
*hug*
[dummy] thank you. i needed a hug :)
Post a Comment