Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Out at night

It was 10.30pm when I got home. I was on call tonight. What a day! Gosh, my car window is really blurry. It was raining and my windows got all misty. This made driving in the dark a little difficult. This morning, my power window did not want to wind up. I had to use force and pushed it up with one hand while driving with the other. Guess all the time spent in the wards gave me extra endurance and strength. ;p

Earlier, as I was driving back to the hospital, I received a phone call while driving. Here I apologize to the person for not being able to talk long as I was without my handsfree and was turning a junction at the traffic light. Sorry! ;)

Tonight I set up my first branula. I managed to coax the doctor-on-call to let me perform the procedure, under her supervision of course! I had to inject the needle into the vein in the hand. After I was done, the doctor said, “Good!” I guessed I looked confident although it was my first time. She didn’t expect me to do so well for a first timer. I did it in one shot, on my first try. My friend who was with me denied the opportunity to learn, as he was afraid and felt unconfident injecting someone.

In the house, I see my housemates all busy talking on the phone in their respective rooms. One talked while lying on the bed, the other talked while walking about and one more talked behind his locked door. Everyone was excited with their day and was talking to someone about it. Suddenly, I had this urge in wanting to call someone too. Among my friends, I did the most interesting task, so I quickly grab hold of my phone. Then I realized, I have no one to call. There is no one special for me to share my day with.

It is better not to wallow in my loneliness. I need to rest my feet for more standing tomorrow. I pray that I don’t get varicose veins.


Too many people miss seeing the silver lining, because they’re expecting gold.

Little Dove

3 comments:

Medie007 said...

oooooo!!! clinicals! :D

Gay said...

nice to meet u...
medical student yeah...

im a MS too...

Anonymous said...

hihi!
which hospital are u in now?

im UM final yr, final in 3wks.. OMG!
hope get to know u..
coz, i might be posted to UKM or UPM... (mayb u r not from those Uni?)