My class is having a poll and giving away titles for the selected few. People have to vote for their favourites, what’s hot and what’s not. Among the categories are “hottest guy, hottest girl, most fashionable, most likely to go into politics, blurcase” and some outrageous titles like “first malpractice suit, most likely to have 10 children in the future, most likely to get syphilis, etc”
Polls like these are organised by the popular people in class and I feel it’s another way for them to glorify themselves and announce their popularity to everyone. I despise popularity contests like these and I did not even vote in any of the polls. Imagined my surprise when I was told I won one of the awards. I have always kept a low profile and is the most passive person in university. I am comfortable being myself and do not like too much attention on me.
My friends are surprised too when they found out I got the most number of votes for one category. However, they (the organisers) are keeping the results secret until a suitable time to announce the outcome. Then, my friends started speculating:
Friend A: Wah, you can also win one of the award ar? Ha ha ha ha.
Friend B: I wonder what you won.
Little Dove: I don’t know. Don’t think I wanna find out.
Friend A: I’m sure you win the “most gullible” award.
Friend B: For your innocent and naïve look.
Friend C: Maybe people voted you for “the person you want to have in your PBL group”.
Polls like these are organised by the popular people in class and I feel it’s another way for them to glorify themselves and announce their popularity to everyone. I despise popularity contests like these and I did not even vote in any of the polls. Imagined my surprise when I was told I won one of the awards. I have always kept a low profile and is the most passive person in university. I am comfortable being myself and do not like too much attention on me.
My friends are surprised too when they found out I got the most number of votes for one category. However, they (the organisers) are keeping the results secret until a suitable time to announce the outcome. Then, my friends started speculating:
Friend A: Wah, you can also win one of the award ar? Ha ha ha ha.
Friend B: I wonder what you won.
Little Dove: I don’t know. Don’t think I wanna find out.
Friend A: I’m sure you win the “most gullible” award.
Friend B: For your innocent and naïve look.
Friend C: Maybe people voted you for “the person you want to have in your PBL group”.
Note: PBL is the acronym for Problem Based Learning and is a learning platform for group discussion and presentation.
All of a sudden, the Malay guy sitting next to me in lecture said,
“I think you won, most likely to get laid as a houseman.”
Little Dove: ...
All of a sudden, the Malay guy sitting next to me in lecture said,
“I think you won, most likely to get laid as a houseman.”
Little Dove: ...
If kisses were water I would give you the sea. If hugs were leaves I would give you a tree. But if love was time, I would give you eternity.
Little Dove

4 comments:
this sounds terribly familiar... all medschools have this poll tradition huh?
kakaka... ur colleague is cute. :P to get laid as a houseman?? oh dear... :P :P :P
I don't get the award -- Is it notoriously easy or hard for a houseman to get laid?
[Joshua] I guess it's happening at your school too huh? My first exposure to polls happened at high school. And I swept three of the weirdest awards. ;)
{Ah Bong] How's the tummy? :)
[William] I guess it has to depend on how goodlooking the houseman is. ;p
Post a Comment