Monday, March 31, 2008

Sun Beam

Recently, I noticed Sun Beam rattling every time I throttle. I still feel safe with him but my feelings tell me something is not right. He needed a checkup. Therefore, I brought him back to the place where we always go.

One of Sun Beam’s back tyre goes out of air very quickly. I need to pump him every 5 days. Seems like air is leaking out from the back tyre progressively every minute. The front passenger side of the car wobbles everytime I accelerate. I think one tyre and the lower front ‘arm’ of the car needs checking. Normally my hunch is right, just that I am afraid of the mechanic overcharging me for my ignorance to motor parts. Maybe I need to get myself a copy of “Auto Repair for Dummies.” Almost all the mechanics I have come across speaks purely Cantonese, not even a smattering of Mandarin. It doesn’t feel right talking to them in BM. I guess it’s difficult living in KL when one tends to speak Cantonese like Gloria Macapagal Arroyo.

Sun Beam and I spent a total of three hours at the workshop and I became RM340 poorer after the mechanic finished with Sun Beam.


Lower arm of the car


Here are the figures:
Rack end (Nut for the lower arm of the car) 1 piece:RM95

Some rubber-like thing to keep dust away for the two front wheels 2 pieces: RM50

Lower arm 1 piece: RM125

Wheel alignment: Front wheel (1) RM25
Back wheels (2) RM45

Labour: Nil (Actually already included in the price of the parts)

Leaky back tyre: Got it fixed for free

Total: RM340

Wheel alignment

I know nothing about cars and price of car parts but I don’t mind paying as long as I think the price is reasonable. I may be RM340 poorer but at least I walked away with some knowledge of maintaining a car.


Then I went to meet my friend at One Utama. Took a picture of the car lot where I parked. Not much of a help. If you really want to remember the location of the car, I think it’s best to take a video of yourself walking from the car right to the entrance of the mall. Easier to trace the steps taken, and makes car finding easier. Don’t you think?


I had the special MyNews fried rice at MyNews Café. I had doubts about a magazine and newspaper chain selling food, just like if Ikea starts selling Chinese medicine. My friend and I were drawn to the shop from a delicious aroma and crowded patrons of the MyNews Café. How did the fried rice taste? Nothing to shout about. Hawker fare is better. Please don’t order this particular dish if you happen to go there. Maybe there is something nice that I might not have tried. But I will give this shop a miss next time.


Zzrrooommm…zrrrooommm….
Little Dove in Sun Beam

3 comments:

Little Prince said...

aku. tag. kau!
^_^

Medie007 said...

hmph. car problem again. wat car is it? proton? kakakakakaka. no offense, i drive proton as well. LMAO

and erm, u gotta remember what the number of the closet pillar to ur car, where u came out in the mall. that shud help lor. :P

Little Dove said...

[Ah Bong] Good suggestion Bong. That's what I normally do. I always remember where I parked. Just observed some people taking pics of their parking lot. :)

P.S. Need to memorize the colour as well if park at Midvalley's new car park.