Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Mei and Little Dove (Part 3)

Little Dove brought along with him a little bag to A Mei's concert. Inside the bag was an umbrella, water, Strepsils for the throat in case of uncontrolled screaming and a packet of tissue.

At some of her slow songs, I closed my eyes to listen. I imagined standing alone inside the huge stadium, surrounded by darkness. At that moment in time, the world stopped. It was only her voice and me. She was singing to me, the story I have inside my heart. With her sad soulful voice, I felt a tinge of the sadness embedded deep within my heart long ago. I knew this was going to happen. I willed myself not to cry. As A Mei sang 记得 Ji De (Remember), memories began to flow back. I thought I would cry, but I smiled. Because deep inside the pain, I finally found my true self. Had I not gone through the pain, I would not have become the Little Dove today.

Here are more clips from the concert. It's like a mega karaoke session. I heard the lady beside me sniffling and wiping her nose with a tissue. I wonder if she was crying or just having a cold.

For the songs below, I've included partly some lyrics of the song that touches my heart for the meaning it carries; with translation of course, for those who can't read Chinese. ^_^


Caution: Tear-inducing songs ahead


我要快乐Wo Yao Kuai Le (I Want Happiness)

心不是热的全都是假的 只有眼泪是真的
Hearts are fake, only tears are real..


如果你也听说 Ru Guo Ni Ye Ting Shuo (If You Have Heard So Too)

This song accompanies me on lonely nights whenever I feel sad.

突然发现站了好久?
不知道要往哪走
还不想回家的我?
再多人陪只会更寂寞

Suddenly realized that I've been standing for a long time,
I don't know where to go
I don't feel like going home
I feel lonely although there are many people keeping me company.

为什麽脆弱时候想你更多
Why do I think of you in my moments of weakness?
如果你想起我?你会想到什麽
If you happen to think of me? What comes to mind?

聽海 Ting Hai (Listen to the sea)

[Video not uploaded as the size was too big. I recorded the entire song.]

Who wouldn't know this song? ;p

說你在離開我的時候 是怎樣的心情
The day we walked away from each other, can you tell me what was on your mind?



真實 Zhen Shi (Truth)

心痛比快樂更真實
The pain you gave me is more intense than our happiness
孤獨比擁抱更真實
Loneliness is more intense than your occasional hugs


As much I love A Mei, I would want to stay away from her sad songs if I am going through a break up.

End of trilogy

10 comments:

V said...

owh my~

3 posts on A Mei concert? u must be a really really really dieheart fan of hers~ ;)

Paul Figaro J said...

hahah......

I miss her concert, thanks dovey for sharing this concert with us!...

Anonymous said...

In fact, a lot of audiences cried when she sang the ballads like "Remember". It is just so touching and the song pierces into the heart.

Well, Haha, I am glad that you are a full-fledged A-mei Fan now, just like me! I love her since year 2000...

Her official website has just been launched. Visit: http://starmei.com/

Unknown said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!
i miss the consert..
i miss her..

next yr, if she comes, for sure i'll buy the first row...

how about u? let's go again.. ha!
1ST row!!

Jaded Jeremy said...

Oh! Now I recognise "Wo Yao Kuai Le". Didn't know she sing it. Nice song.

Medie007 said...

love her love her lover.

Medie007 said...

oops it was supposed to be a triple "love her"

Johny said...

Opps... 真实,she sang 1 beat earlier than it should be!!!
Haih...可惜ne...

Otherwise, she is fabulous!!!

P/s: comments from some of my frens.. the audience shouted too much (at the inapproprite time) and sang tooooo loud for all the songs...
haha! Overall... it's very very good!

jason said...

Ah... that's one heck of a great concert!

Little Dove said...

[Queen B] She's great. Love her songs. ^_^

[Paul J] Most welcomed. ^_^

[D] Thanks for the website! :)

[宏轩 ] I would love to see her sing again.

[Jaded Jeremy] One of my favourites.

[Medie007] We all do. For that voice and charisma.

[Johny] I agree with your comments and also your friends'. I guess her fans were too excited as it has been a long time since she came to our shores. Maybe it was the loud cheering that made her sang a beat earlier. ;)

[jason] It was! ^_^