I vividly remembered the night I met Prince Charming. We met each other under the most unusual circumstances. I think it's almost a year since we met and I have no idea where we are. Are we friends? Are we in love? Or are we just two people who find each other interesting and nothing more than that?
After telling Prince Charming about what I study, things have changed. Suddenly, I become his personal doctor. He would ask me things about his health. He plays intense sports (which explains the hot bod) and have old sport injuries. He has already seek treatment from specialists but somehow he seeks my personal opinion. I wonder if he wants to test the depth of my knowledge or it’s because he values the opinion of someone he feels close to.
Once in a while, he would sms me asking about medicine. He’s lucky as I take my pharmacology subject very seriously. He would ask about supplements and complementary medicine. Even to the extent of asking me about micronutrients and trace minerals. Sometimes, I feel like I’m working as telemedic operator. Call this number 012-xxxxxxx to ask about personal health care information, products and services. I’m not a doctor yet. I am very careful when it comes to dispensing medical advice.
After the revelation of me studying medicine, everything seemed to change. He would be busy asking questions about health. He stopped asking about me. Once, I was sick. I didn’t think he noticed. I just kept quiet.
This reminded me about my ex. Both of us were in the same small town at that time. He knew I was a top student in the country for a public exam. Once I asked him, “Why do you love me?” He replied, “Because you are intelligent.” I think he saw me as a brain, not for who I am.
It’s all coming back to me now. Prince Charming has started to see me as a brain. I want him to see me as Little Dove. Sadly, that’s not the case. That was why I did not want to disclose what I am studying earlier on. Is being a future doctor so powerful that people start to love the profession more than the boy itself?
There was one weekend I where went for brunch with Prince Charming. I asked him out, it seemed like I was the one initiating things. As I went to pick him up, he appeared in smart casual wearing nice shoes. I was in t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops with my ruffled, uncombed hair. We laughed at each other. I thought it was very nice of him to dress up for me and wanting to look good while we were out together.
After I sent him back to his simple bachelor pad (as he calls it) in Mont Kiara, he sent me a text message:
Prince Charming: I thought you will drop by after meal but you didn’t.
Little Dove: I would if you had asked.
Prince Charming: You never show interest to come up so I was also shy to ask.
Little Dove: I asked you out for brunch because I’m interested in you. Maybe next time you could ask, "Would you like to come up for some coffee?"
After telling Prince Charming about what I study, things have changed. Suddenly, I become his personal doctor. He would ask me things about his health. He plays intense sports (which explains the hot bod) and have old sport injuries. He has already seek treatment from specialists but somehow he seeks my personal opinion. I wonder if he wants to test the depth of my knowledge or it’s because he values the opinion of someone he feels close to.
Once in a while, he would sms me asking about medicine. He’s lucky as I take my pharmacology subject very seriously. He would ask about supplements and complementary medicine. Even to the extent of asking me about micronutrients and trace minerals. Sometimes, I feel like I’m working as telemedic operator. Call this number 012-xxxxxxx to ask about personal health care information, products and services. I’m not a doctor yet. I am very careful when it comes to dispensing medical advice.
After the revelation of me studying medicine, everything seemed to change. He would be busy asking questions about health. He stopped asking about me. Once, I was sick. I didn’t think he noticed. I just kept quiet.
This reminded me about my ex. Both of us were in the same small town at that time. He knew I was a top student in the country for a public exam. Once I asked him, “Why do you love me?” He replied, “Because you are intelligent.” I think he saw me as a brain, not for who I am.
It’s all coming back to me now. Prince Charming has started to see me as a brain. I want him to see me as Little Dove. Sadly, that’s not the case. That was why I did not want to disclose what I am studying earlier on. Is being a future doctor so powerful that people start to love the profession more than the boy itself?
There was one weekend I where went for brunch with Prince Charming. I asked him out, it seemed like I was the one initiating things. As I went to pick him up, he appeared in smart casual wearing nice shoes. I was in t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops with my ruffled, uncombed hair. We laughed at each other. I thought it was very nice of him to dress up for me and wanting to look good while we were out together.
After I sent him back to his simple bachelor pad (as he calls it) in Mont Kiara, he sent me a text message:
Prince Charming: I thought you will drop by after meal but you didn’t.
Little Dove: I would if you had asked.
Prince Charming: You never show interest to come up so I was also shy to ask.
Little Dove: I asked you out for brunch because I’m interested in you. Maybe next time you could ask, "Would you like to come up for some coffee?"
Prince Charming: Haha. You’re right. I am a bit dumb de. Next time say louder o.
Little Dove: I’m shy. How do I say that in front of you?
Prince Charming: Ok. Point taken.
Little Dove: I like you a lot. (At this point, I had to tell him)
Prince Charming: Tq tq dear
“Tq tq dear.” I have no inkling on what his reaction meant. That's one thing I dislike about text messaging. I would not know his facial expressions as he texted me back. Is he happy that I’ve finally confessed ? Or is he feeling the same way too?
Prince Charming has left Malaysia for his overseas assignment. This is his real job. Looking after his retail shops were only his side income. I had mixed feelings when he told me he was flying back to work and asked me to take care of myself. On the day before he left, he was still busy asking me about medical related stuff. It seems like he was more fascinated with medicine than Little Dove. I bid goodbye when he left. I was not going to miss him. I thought this was going to be the end. I was not going to miss him I kept telling myself. Then an sms with a strange number appeared on my phone screen. It was from Prince Charming:
Hi dear, I reached _____. Now at hotel resting.
I smiled. At last, he is not asking me something medical. Why did he have tell me he has arrived at his destination? What is my role to him?
The next day, another strange number was calling me on my mobile. I did not feel like picking up the call and let it rang for a long time. When I answered the call, a familiar voice called out, “Hello doctor, what are you doing?” Now I am back to being the medical brain. It was Prince Charming. I was worried long distance call would be expensive. But he was busy asking me all about medical related problems and I gently reassured him. Only before he hung up, I managed to ask him how he was doing over there.
Everything is making me confused. He sent me a text message when he reached that faraway country. The next day itself, he called me. What he is doing seems to signal that he is missing me. And yet, in our conversation there was no talk about us. It was just questions, questions and questions about health and medicine.
I am writing about Pince Charming because I want to clear my mind on what’s happening between me and him. I still do not know the answer. I don’t think he does either. I wish I knew.
I think I miss Prince Charming already...
I want to fall for you, but I am not sure if you’ll catch me.
Little Dove

27 comments:
Love the way you write your posts. Love reading them. Great command of English I must say; I think that you must be real brainy. Lol. No matter, I wish you best of luck!
He probably sees it as something in common to talk about, and it ends up dominating the conversation.
Time the shy Dove brought up more conversation topics! ;)
LD, sometimes he doesn't realize that he makes you felt that way. You should give you both more time imo. Just my opinion.
hey don't be disheartened. and don't you go over analysed on this ok. give him time as I guess he's trying to get over the novelty of it all.
we hope to see a happy ending with this prince charming of yours! XD
It happens to most, if not all, people in the medical field, right? Be it from their family, friends or lovers. The best way is to ask him lor but of course easier said than done.
It's best to let him know how he makes you feel. Tell him that you're sad that he asked about medical stuff more than asking or talking about you. Let him know. Don't bottled up!
I'd take it from an optimistic point of view!!! =)
Go on more, more fabulous dates!
I'm with Josh, more fabulous dates! Don't let the little blip in your work mar a loving relationship you can cultivate! :)
Take this as an experience, Live your life as how you want it Lil Dove... Don' worry too much about not able to find someone you can love and be loved....
To Love and Let loved is a great thing... Sometimes it can hurt and sometimes it's crazy.. but you have seen and fell love... :) Keep this in mind...
May Lil Dove fly high and high... till you reach paradise and feel love's all around you...
could it be that he just so shy that he don;t know what other thinghs to talk about other than medical stuff??
Start getting used to the medical questions :) You're gonna get plenty from relatives and friends in the future!
well i'm agree with most of the comment left here, especially savante; you'll need get to used on answering medical question from people you know. last time when my relative knew i study IT, they ask me sort of question related to their computer..sigh...so...cheer up! think of the bright side!
interesting text conversation between you and Prince Charming ^_^
but what he did show his care for you. confront him if you are brave enough. this would make things clear ^_^
Aiya, never mind about the medical questions! He's just making conversation lar!
Hmmm.
Honestly, I think he's the one who really doesn't know how you two stand. Between the two of you, you've been more secretive and not open to him. So my impression is like you're asking him to jump first.
(Fuyo, top student! ;) )
He's just loving you in a way not you expected.... you should learn to let Love flow on its own way..
Love and being loved without the 'how-to' being set in your head.
if u never fall, u'l never know whether will u ever be caught =)
go for it i'd say! =) haha
good luck!!! hahaha~
u dun expect all ppl can sense others without expressing from A to Z... most of the guys are dumb when come to this kind of thing...
so, if u really like him, say it out to him... dun be shy shy anymore... wish u guys to be happily ever after...
not every1 is 'smart-like-us', which can sense other feeling without saying any words...
(opps...sorry to mention 'smart-like-us'.. ha!)
p/s: jz back from phuket... had fun! hehehe... (really hope to hear from u... LD)
Try asking this simple question to a Public Relation or Sales (:X) Motivated Person:
'How to talk to a brainy or consultant?'
It's time to ask him back regarding his job and see whether he can figure out the message, and of course during a glam date :)
[Alan] Thanks. From your blog, I can see that you underwent a huge transformation. That required lots of discipline. I am amazed. ^_^
[Janvier] I can't help being shy. ;)
[hamster me] I think I will give it more time too.
[Nase] Alright. I'll stop over analyzing. ^_^
[Queen B] If only life is like a fairy tale, your royal highness...
[Jaded Jeremy] True
[Calvin] Maybe I should wait and see what happens next.
[Joshua] Yes! I'll take him for a swim.
[Sam] I'll add some 'fertilizer'. ;p
[Merv] I do think I worry too much. Thanks for pointing that out Merv. ^_^
[aM] Maybe he is. But I think I am more shy than him. :)
[savante] It has begun. When aunts I know since young began to tell me about their menstrual history. Scary!
[Paul J] I will see it in a positive light. Keep the fabulous pose! ;)
[Willy] Will wait for him to return from overseas. :)
[Ban] Somehow, every comment that you make seemed to reveal what's in my mind that I do not realize. Thanks.
(normal student and big nerd)
[pikey] You just reminded me of a story I read long ago. Everyone loves another person in their own little way.
[Aaron] Falling is painful. If only love is like the Krebs cycle, we'll know what's going to happen next. Thanks for the wishes.
[Johny] I agree with you. I assumed people like us would also be smart-like-us. I have to admit I'm terribly shy, something I find hard to change.
p/s: I think you had an awesome Phuket trip. How was the pulse rate after the jump? Good thing you were not affected by the protest. ^_^
[Cyclohelix] What an excellent idea!
200bpm?! ha!
I couldn't stAnd still after tat... scary!
Ha! u know me... but, im sad that I dun know u YET! aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!
Brainly is lovely.
I would like a guy if he got a good brain.
Having good looks is a added value.:)
YOu are lucky le...
[Emo-Happiness] Thank you. ^_^
*read the latest post and was linked here* So, this is the beginning...
Here, not to offer any advice as I'm in no position to do so but I would like to ask your consent to quote a sentence from your post with your (user)name or initial whichever you prefer and post it on my page. The quote: "Is being a future doctor so powerful that people start to love the profession more than the boy itself?"
That is something I want to ask people around me too with the emphasis on the word 'future'.
Sorry, Descry here. iviiixxiii is my other username. Just to make sure there is no confusion.
Hi Descry aka iviiixxiii. Sure, go ahead. I didn't think anyone would want to quote me. *blush*
Thanks for the consent! And uh... You can see it in my page. Put it under Little Dove. ^^
Post a Comment