It was my first day in the ward for my new posting. While I was taking to a patient, I heard someone calling me a few times. I was sitting on the chair beside the patient's bed taking the history. I looked up and saw a handsome doctor approached me. He was young, tall and well groomed. My heart skipped a beat. He was the good looking doctor that the female medical students has been talking about. He must have been posted in the department for some time as he noticed I was new. "Medical student, he asked?" He told me he will be in this ward and asked me to look for him should I need help.
I didn't expect that to happen. Medical students are mostly ignored by the hospital staff. Medical students are the lowest in the medical hierarchy in the hospital (maybe along with the student nurses). Even some nurses bully us. It was a surprise that a medical officer would actually walk up to me and offer help.
I didn't expect that to happen. Medical students are mostly ignored by the hospital staff. Medical students are the lowest in the medical hierarchy in the hospital (maybe along with the student nurses). Even some nurses bully us. It was a surprise that a medical officer would actually walk up to me and offer help.
The hierarchy looks something like this:
Consultant > Specialists/Physicians/Surgeons > Ward Sister > Senior Medical officer > Junior Medical Officer > Second Year Houseman > First Year Houseman > Staff Nurse > Medical Assistant > Community Nurse >Nurse > Every other hospital staff > Medical Student
See, medical students are right at the bottom of the list.
I thought nothing of it. I found out that the doctor was my university senior so I thought he was being kind to help his little junior.
I thought nothing of it. I found out that the doctor was my university senior so I thought he was being kind to help his little junior.
To cut the story short, he obtained my number and asked me out for a drink (at a bar). He offered to pick me up.
After one drink (no I didn’t get drunk), he asked me if I wanted to drop by his house to get something. I said I wanted to go home. He said it was just for a while and he wanted to pass me some of his medical textbooks.
It was already midnight and we both have ward work tomorrow. As it was kind of late, he suggested that I spend the night over at his place. We were inside his bedroom. The lights were dimmed. I looked at his bed. He inched closer towards me.
To be continued...

14 comments:
Wow, I wish my life was that dramatic..
But well, still contented with it nevertheless =)
OMG! Handsome guys always find you! envy envy envy.
medical student even lower than a cleaner in the hospital? poor medical student
OMFG, wow! WOW! WOW! This is very dramatic. Is this real? You're so blessed! Jealous!
Omg macam drama minggu ini hehe.
Cliffhanger pulak!
wow. that's a very nice doctor. our seniors don't do that until we asked them... apparently he's got something else in mind huh?
Apa cliffhanger ni!
Damn, why don't I find these cute medical officers here!
haha!
good to you! hehe...
hmm......perhaps i should be like that doctor .... asking out those junior engineer in my company..... thanks for give me that idea...hehehe... engineer didi...here i come...beware!
OMG, you stopped your post there! Buruknye!
[LM] I wished it didn't happen. I rather life be plain and simple. :)
[Anonymous] I'm flattered with the attention but cautious of their intentions.
[TZ] It's sad, isn't it?
[Freedom09] It has happened. But I wished it didn't happened. Kinda complicated when it occurs at where you study/work.
[Jaded Jeremy] Ikutilah episod seterusnya...
[William] To be revealed...
[Media007] You got that right.
[Savante] That's because they're all over here. ;p
[Paul J] Oops!
[Ban] Aper yang buruk? Haha ;p
i like the layout of the hierarchy lol. but maybe it wuld be much more appropriate to put MAs in front of SNs though. and quoting TZ - i do agree that we are lower than the HSSs hahahahaha.
[Maksim Markusevich] Hi there! Thank you for visiting. Noted the correction. Will go check if MAs are more superior than SN. Thanks!
Post a Comment