Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Fall

It was another weekend morning. As usual, I’m at the mall to shop for my groceries. I’m always up early to shop as I wanted to avoid the weekend crowds. Then I saw the banner. My ex’s company was having some promotion for their products. My heart started thumping. “No, I would not see him here,” I thought to myself. It was unlikely for me to see him there as he was already someone in top management and a manager would not be going down to inspect on his employees on a weekend.

My heart was still beating very fast. I braved myself and wanted to walk past the promotion booths as fast as I could. I was about to breathe a huge sigh of relief until I saw a familiar face. It was my ex. I turned around and ran off. I hate him so much. He made my heart beat very fast until I felt like having chest pains. I had my most painful experience in life because of him.

I was in my old t-shirt, faded shorts, wearing ugly flip-flops and looking awful. I had been putting in 18 hours of work and studying for the week. Eyebags and fatigue were obvious on my face. There’s no way I would let him see me like this. He would start laughing and think that my life is bad without him.

I started to run to avoid him seeing me. Then I slipped and fell on the floor. I fell hard on my knees with both my hands on the floor trying to stop my face from hitting the floor. It was a very bad fall. My knees were bruised horribly and I saw bleed slowly trickling from my right elbow. I still had to make my escape. Still crawled on the floor, I saw a pair of shoes. It was too late. He was standing in front of me.

15 comments:

William said...

Your life plays out like a soap opera! Hope it won't leave a scar... shall wait for the next episode!

C'est la vie said...

God Damn It! It is just like reading a novel chapter! Are you sure you are not bluffing? Gosh -_-"

Anyway, I changed my blog address, if you wish to pay a visit:

http://freedom-cest-la-vie.blogspot.com

L M said...

Woah I wouldn't want that to happen to me. But why do you have to run? We must have confidence even when we're not wearing nicely! Hmm.. Maybe you just hate him so badly..

PS: wear properly next time when you're out ;)
PPS: get well soon =(

Jaded Jeremy said...

Yikes! Quite dramatic lol. Hope it turned out well.

Darren said...

awww...poor lil dove. i hope u r fine. huggles.

ur post doesn't end there right?

Medie007 said...

ouch... hope u're okay! *hugs*

Johnny said...

bad.. sad..
hope u r fine...
u always look GOOD to us...

Janvier said...

Mesti tabah!

Shall wait to read what happened then!

savante said...

We all some silly things in front of our exs! ouch.

Emo-Happiness said...

He was standing there.

All of a sudden, there was a handkerchief handed over to my face.

I remembered the blue and red dote handkerchief.. where lies with it a string of sweet memories..

With his cute chubby face, his eyes seemed dimed with sudden sadness..

'I had missed you and regretted letting you go, pocket of sunshine..'

.......

Sounds dramatic..
Is that what happened next?

Legolas said...

Totally understand how you felt. I wouldn't want to look worn out and not in good shape in front of my ex.

MrBunnyBan said...

Aiyah! Why until lari and crawling away one. @.@ Next time, you must move stealthily and with subtlety.

Little Dove said...

[William] I wish it wasn't. Scars are healing, slowly.^_^

[C'est la vie] Visited your new bloggie! :)

[LM] I just don't want to see him again.

PS: Noted.
PPS: Thanks!

[Jaded Jeremy] To be revealed...

[Silencer] Thanks. I'm okay now. It doesn't end there. More to come.

[Medie007] I 'ouched' for a few days after the fall. ;p

[Johnny] I don't look good at all.

[Janvier] Pasrah...

[Savante] Would love to hear the silly things you did! ;p

[Emo-Happiness] I love your story. It's so romantic.

[Legolas] I feel the same, just that sometimes it is inevitable.

[Ban] I can be a klutz sometimes! Haha

Anonymous said...

Most important that the hurt shows a struggle to evade him. Careful next time and, if there is still a next time, do the quick step with grace and flair.

Helix

Little Dove said...

[Helix] Lesson learnt. :)