Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Fall (Final)


My knees were bruised horribly and I saw blood slowly trickling from my right elbow. I still had to make my escape. Still crawled on the floor, I saw a pair of shoes. It was too late. He was standing in front of me.

Trying my best to ignore the pain, I forced myself to get up slowly.

I was pulled myself up and saw him. A familiar face.

It was Prince Charming. I didn't expect to see him there. I looked behind me, my ex wasn't in sight. I guess he didn't see me and has left the place.

“What happened to you?” he asked with concern. “I’m alright,” I lied wincing through my pain. Prince Charming held my arms, helping me to get up. “Who are you running from?” he asked. “I slipped and fell,” I lied again. My face was flinching with pain. “You're bleeding. Painful?” Prince Charming asked again, this time looking even more concerned. “Yes,” I told him. “Where is the pain?” he asked. “Here,” I put my hand to my heart.

The fall was so painful that I was a little off balance and had to limp when I walked. But the pain was nothing compared to the pain in my heart.

As Prince Charming sat me down in the café, he asked me why my heart was painful. I didn’t want to tell him. This was my burden to bear and a past I did not want to recollect. We just sat there staring at each other. Prince Charming looked worried and confused. Then he put his hand on my shoulder and looked at me deeply with his eyes. Like he could see my soul through my eyes. With kind, smiling eyes, he was trying tell me that he is there, and everything will be alright. He didn't need to say anything at all, I just needed him there by my side, and it eased the pain in my heart. At that moment, I heard a voice inside my head. Oh Christian Baustista, why do you appear in times like these?







Tell me where it hurts

And I will ease your pain
Through the stormy hurl
I'll shield you from the rain
Gonna find what's wrong
I'm gonna make it right
Hoping with my song
There'd be no need to cry



I wish I could tell Prince Charming of my sad past. But I am ashamed of myself. For I was a fool to fall in love last time. A love so wrong. A grave mistake that I could never share with him.

Without saying a word, just by being there, Prince Charming gave me a little comfort.


Sometimes, someone can say something small that can fit into a big empty space in your heart.
Little Dove

15 comments:

Medie007 said...

wow... so drama-like. colourful life eh?

C'est la vie said...

Oh my dear, you seriously can put this story into novel and sell it off to some famous directors.

But.... You should have counted on Prince Charming. Let go your negative forces, coz he is there for you.

Feel sad to hear that you were hurt physically, mentally and emotionally. Come, *hug*

Legolas said...

Didn't they always appear at the right time and place? Thank God for that.

William said...

This is not the Final installment! The story is just beginning... ;)

savante said...

Isn't it time you gave him some encouragement? :)

L M said...

How's Prince Charming?
Hadn't been hearing from him for quite some time =/
Glad that he's still concerned about you =)

Janvier said...

Prince Charming showing up should have cheered you up somewhat! At least you were in good company.

Waiting for more!

Anonymous said...

Consider yourself lucky :P
Now get it over with the bad past and start living with new prospects :)

Anonymous said...

Regards,
Helix

Mack the Dagger said...

wow prince charming really is charming....even more charming if he was really the one in the pic hehehe *wink*

MrBunnyBan said...

Agree with Paul! Give him some comfort in return lar. ;)

Emo-Happiness said...

Wow..
I think i am already falling in love with Prince Charming If I am you !!

Go with him!!!
Forget x...

Jaded Jeremy said...

Give Prince Charming a chance and let go of the past lah. No point letting the past holding your future as hostage. It's in the past.

Little Dove said...

[Medie007] Rainbow coloured! ;p

[C'est la vie] Thank you. :)

[Legolas] They do. God works in mysterious ways.

[William] I like the sound of that. :)

[Savante] Working on it. ;)

[LM] He's doing well. Thanks.

[Janvier] More to come, maybe... ;p

[Helix] Looking at the new prospects, but keeping my expectations low.

[Maksim Markusevich] The one in the picture is Christian Bautista. He's charming, isn't he? ;p

[Ban] I'm working on it. I'm a shy boy!

[Emo-Happiness] Falling in love is such a beautiful but scary thing. Where's your story? ;)

[Jaded Jeremy] I'm letting go of my past. I'm taking it slowly with Prince Charming.

Johnny said...

Love doesn't meanu hv2 change for someone, but love who he was and he is and he'll become....

follow ur feel...
if hurts can buy SWEET memories.. it's great to invest!

dun worry about 2moro, coz 2moro has it owns trouble...
Cheers...