Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Writing again

I was physically unwell. So I took some time off to rest. I stopped blogging for a while because there were stalkers people who tried to get a little too close to me, both online and in real life. I am not comfortable with this type of attention. It feels scary when someone begins to invade into your private life. Please don’t do that to me. I’m very ordinary. Your time will be better spent if you stalk Brad Pitt or Chace Crawford. How can a big nerd like me become attractive. I'll have to be more careful with my future postings lest the person tracks me through my routine.

And persistent old flames who kept reappearing in my life. I wish I have a fire extinguisher to douse this kind of flames. The feelings fade with time, but somehow they never go away. Especially when it is first love and a very intense one that lasted for 5 years.

When I stopped blogging, I had some extra time to put my heart into things that I really care about. I studied hard, I see patients everyday and poured my energy into medical-based volunteer work. I have to admit I am a little burnt out from all the social work. Imagine the sick, poor, orphaned, mentally disabled and terminally ill patients. I was physically exhausted, emotionally drained and I needed some time off to rejuvenate myself.

Among the medical student whose blogs I read, Aaron, Bong, Joshua and Silencer, I think I’m the oldest, in terms of years of medical study. I always wonder when it is going to end. It seemed like forever. Then in a blink on an eye, I’m already in my final year and very near to graduating. But in fact, this is only the beginning. With the looming housemanship, residency, specialising and hospital politics, the journey will be long and hard.

I have stopped all my volunteer work and will be cutting down on blogging to prepare for the difficult final year exams. It will consist of written examination, clinical examination and other exams to determine every single bit of knowledge that I have accumulated over the last 5 years. I have to say that 5 years is not enough to learn about medicine. That is why, learning becomes a lifelong process for a doctor. The learning is never ending and science constantly evolves, hopefully with positive outcomes, like a cure for AIDS.

I took a break from Prince Charming. I pulled a Houdini on him. I simply disappeared. Of course, with him being my Prince Charming, I told him that I will be away for some time. He says he miss me. I miss him too. Nothing much has changed much between us. When his eyes meet mine, I can feel sparks generating electricity. I call it fatal attraction. My life has been good when I am alone before meeting Prince Charming. I don’t need to invite another person into my life to complicate it. Maybe there will be new development in our relationship, or maybe none. Maybe I should stop acting like a Little Nyonya and do what my heart wants. But the heart has this propensity to get hurt, so I’m better off listening to the head.

While I was away, I continued reading blogs. I visit my favourite ones and am happy that bloggers who stopped blogging are back on their feet again. There were many new blogs popping up, I read them too, some wonderfully written and very creative. Keep blogging guys and pats on the back for all the good work!

13 comments:

Johnny said...

i AM SORRY...
all the best!

Pike-chan said...

Glad you bounced back positively.

Jaded Jeremy said...

Hope you'll find love that you're comfortable with.

And good luck for your exams!

William said...

Stalked from the information in your posts? You're usually quite discreet. That's some resourceful stalker.

Gambate!

Medie007 said...

hey friend... i couldn't say anything but to tell u i totally understand what you felt. it's pretty difficult committing in another thing so ever wonderful personally when u're already committed to one saving lives. sometimes i just wondered if i was too greedy. but let's all hope for the best. i wish u well. and i certainly wished myself well too. good luck to all of us in completing this starting line! :P

freddiewee said...

Hey, welcome back. Am really glad to read your blog again...be strong!! *hugs*

Janvier said...

Burnout! Cannot! Make sure there is some moderation ya!

Serm said...

welcome back ;)

MrBunnyBan said...

Commit to studies first!

...oh, you're in your final year. Very good, soon time to start dating! *thumbs up* :D

MrBunnyBan said...

Commit to studies first!

...oh, you're in your final year. Very good, soon time to start dating! *thumbs up* :D

Little Dove said...

[Pikey] Still got some spring in me left. :)

[Jaded Jeremy] Thanks for the wonderful wishes!

[William] So I thought until it happened. Gambate to stalker or me? ;p

[Medie007] Let's all work hard for our dreams.

[freddiewee] Thank you. Keep blogging too!

[Janvier] Will take your advice to heart. :)

[Serm] Hi Serm, you're getting really popular. ;p

[Ban] Final year to housemanship. I think the torture is only beginning. How I wish I can date. ;p

Anonymous said...

Hi there little dove,
Great to see ya back

Hugs,

Helix

Little Dove said...

Hi Helix,

Haven't heard from you a long time. And your bloggie is by invitation only for some time now. Take good care!