Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A little hope

I thought my dreams were impossible,
But God said, "All things are possible." (Luke 18:27)

I was lost and confused, I thought I'd never find a solution,
But God said, "I will direct your steps." (Proverbs 3:5)

I almost gave up. I thought I couldn't do it,
But God said, "You can do all things." (Philippians 4:13)

I almost quit. I thought my efforts weren't worth the trouble,
But God said, "It will be worth it." (Romans 8:28)

I thought I'd never make it. I thought I didn't have what it takes,
But God said, "I'll supply all your needs." (Philippians 4:19)

I was worried. I felt trapped beneath a mountain of despair,
But God said, "Cast your worries on me." (1 Peter 5:7)

I thought I couldn't do it, because I wasn't smart enough,
But God said, "I'll give you wisdom." (Corinthians 1:30)

I suffered from guilt. I was angry at myself for what I'd done,
But God said, "I forgive you." (1 John 1:9)

I disliked myself. I thought no one loved me,
But God said, "I love you." (John 3:16)

I wept, because I was lonely,
But God said, "I will never leave you or forsake you." (Hebrews 13:5)

Some people come into our lives, leave footprints in our hearts and we are never the same.
Little Dove

8 comments:

Alan said...

Hello there. Somehow blog hopped to your blog and happened to chanced upon this blog post of yours. May I have the permission to post it in my blog? I love the all the bible verses very much. =)

Little Dove said...

Hi Alan. Thanks for dropping by. Feel free to share. :)

Unknown said...

不要为明天而忧虑,
一天的难处一天当就够了!!
matthew ... (lazy to check up)

Little Dove said...

Matthew 6:34

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Little Dove said...

Hi. Thank you for reading my bloggie. I'm not feeling well at the moment and there are many things to do. I'm sure you understand as we're taking the same course. All the best in your studies. Take care.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.