Saturday, May 3, 2008

Friend or flirt?

As I was getting ready for my 5 km run, Al Bino and Ebenezer, my housemates, saw me and wanted to join. Well, I always welcome jogging partners. I did warn them that I am quite slow and run leisurely at my own speed.

I was jogging on the street with them. After a while, I looked at my sides. They were gone! Where did they go? I must have been running really slow, therefore they must have left me.

I continued running and not long after that, I bumped into the housemates again. They were panting, sweating heavily and nursing muscle cramps. Apparently, I outrun them by 1km. They swear never to run with me again.
-.-'

As I checked my handphone after running, I saw an sms from an unknown number. It was from the girl who previously chatted to me in MSN. To briefly introduce her, she is a tall, slender girl and attached to one of the cutest guy in the class. She never talks to me or even look at me when I am talking to her boyfriend who’s always beside her. I wonder how she got my number. Her boyfriend is quite a good friend of mine. She must have secretly browsed through his contact list to acquire my number. Let’s call her Crystal Claire Waters.

[SMS]
Crystal Claire Waters: I thought I saw you running past my house.
Little Dove: Yes, it was me.
Crystal Claire Waters: I run sometimes too, with my boyfriend and his friends.
Little Dove: I’ll invite you and your boyfriend for a jog if I happen to run again next time. But I have to warn you, I run extremely slow, like a panda.

Later at night, she MSNed me again:

Crystal Claire Waters: Hi.

Little Dove: Hi. I’m going to bed soon. My apologies.

Crystal Claire Waters: Wah, stop being so polite ler. You know gals fall for these type of guys.

Little Dove: Really? I don’t know … -.-'

Crystal Claire Waters: You don’t know or just trying to be humble. Seriously, I mean.. it's been 2 years in university and I hardly know you. More like.. don’t get the chance to interact with u in person.

Funny, because she is always the one silent and looking away whenever she sees me. I must look scary!

Crystal Claire Waters: I think in real life, you are a wonderful person to hang out with.

Little Dove: Well, I am just a simple boy.

Crystal Claire Waters: Ok. So you're trying to be humble then. But hey, you're really a gentleman you know. Sometimes I wonder, how come I never get to know you. Lol

Little Dove: Thank you for the compliments.

Crystal Claire Waters: You don’t get compliments too often ? I tot you'll be getting them 24/7.

Little Dove: But really, I am plain and boring, unlike you. (Keeping my chat to a minimum because she is a stranger, mommy says don’t talk to strangers)

Crystal Claire Waters: You aren’t plain and boring I think. I mean, if you are, then you shouldn’t be!

Little Dove: lol

Crystal Claire Waters: See the way your eye twinkles. You have nice eyes =)

Little Dove: So do you, and an excellent complexion, good enough to be an SKII model.

Crystal Claire Waters: There are many gals out there with excellent complexion. Even guys!! You are one of them =p but there aren’t many with eyes that twinkles with each look and smile.

Little Dove: … [Boy, this girl can flirt!]

Crystal Claire Waters: You might think that I’m just sweet talking here. But I’m not actually.
In fact, I seldom talk to ppl like that.. You can ask people like KF. lol. I just started talking with him on msn since last week coz he's in my group as well. I don’t remember praising him at all. Only trying to find things to make fun of him. But I won’t talk the same way to you coz I see you differently. =)

Little Dove: Thank you. I am going to bed now. Another long day tomorrow. Thanks a million for the wonderful chat tonight.

Crystal Claire Waters: wah !! .... You know what...

Little Dove: Yes?

Crystal Claire Waters: You're the first person I met that can be so gentleman in speech.
I dunno how you can do that..
but anyway.. we should hang out some day..
then i shall see.. whether in real person.. are you the same..

Little Dove: We should. I would love to get to know you better as a friend.

Crystal Claire Waters: alright.. see whether I can catch up with ya this weekend.. maybe we can go for dinner or something..

Little Dove: But we are all so busy.

Crystal Claire Waters: I'll shuffle my time for you. (she tersalah cakap, like talking to her bf. haha)
I mean.. We've wasted 2 years. lol

Little Dove: Better late than never

Crystal Claire Waters: yea.. we still have 3 years more to go..
If God doesn’t wants us to know each other.. then we shall arrange it ourselves. haha

Little Dove: Well, let's not limit it to 3 years. Who knows we might be colleagues in future.

Crystal Claire Waters: I would really look forward to that day.
all right.. I shall not take up your sleeping time.. go sleep and have a good night's dream ..

Little Dove: Good night.

Two weeks after that, she made her move:

Crystal Claire Waters: Hey, want to dinner tonight?
Little Dove: Sure, is your boyfriend coming along?
Crystal Claire Waters: No, he went home. I'm alone in my house. sob sob.

That was more than enough information. Anyway we had dinner together but not before I pulled my housemate, Tad Pohl to come along with me.

Little Dove: Let's go for dinner.

Tad Pohl: I am not hungry. [This boy has peculiar eating habits. He is forever feeling full but eats a horse when he finally becomes hungry two days later]

Little Dove: You must come. *hush puppy eyes*

Tad Pohl: Who else is coming?

Little Dove: Crystal Claire Waters. She said she haven't met you for a long time. She wants to talk to you.

Tad Pohl: Her? She never talks to me. Where is her boyfriend? Are you doing something funny?

Little Dove: No I am not. That's why you MUST come.

Tad Pohl: Okay lor.

In my humble opinion, young girls nowadays are becoming scarier. Beneath their gentle and naïve facade, they are actually aggressive hunters. This young girl is daring, I think. But no, I am not a girlfriend snatcher. But making new friends is fine with me.

So is Crystal Claire Waters a friend or a flirt?

If you like someone, tell him, because you might find out that they like you too.
Little Dove

5 comments:

William said...

Tread VERY carefully.

Sam said...

OMG. This is the most aggressive girl I've ever seen! LOL!

Little Dove said...

[William] Dipped my feet into the shallow waters, then quickly pulled it up...

[Sam] At least I'm not the only one who thought so ^_^

David The Man said...

Oh scary girl! The prawns behind the rocks! Watch out!

Jason said...

I like the last words. :)