Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Letter

Today, I looked at one of your old letters. I am on the verge of tears everytime I read what you wrote. I am in better control of my emotions this time. Over the years, this little boy has grown up.

It was past midnight when it happened. We were alone in the room. You cried when you handed me that letter. It was the first time I saw you cry. All these while, I have never seen you cry, not even a teardrop. You were always the strong one. The rock in our relationship. I was the little white lamb, naïve and always depending on you. It took me by complete surprise the moment you brokedown. I saw the contents of the letter. Immediately I started to cry. My tears were flowing heavily. I don’t know if I was crying because of what you wrote or because of seeing you cry. Crying is an understatement. We were both weeping like babies. You were crying so hard. I tried so hard not to cry. I knew I had to be strong. Yet my tears continue to fall. It is one of those times when the heart hurts so much that the tears shed even when you try your best to keep them from coming out. You gave me two choices. And I chose one…




I wish I was a kid again, because skinned knees are easier to fix than broken hearts.
Little Dove

3 comments:

David The Man said...

What happened? The end of a relationship?

William said...

Open the floodgates.

Little Dove said...

[David the man] It wasn't. Long story.

[William] I have forgotten how to cry :(