
I told my mom I wanted to watch A Mei’s concert. I told her I would be going alone. And of course, I didn’t tell her I might cry when A Mei sings her one of her sad love songs. Nor did I tell her about Prince Charming. He might be away for work during that time. Mom said A Mei is the bomb and her concert is going to be a blast. She asked me to bring my friends along. I told her I asked but nobody wanted to go. Actually they were all interested but they were taking too long to decide. I bought my concert ticket first as good seats were being taken up very quickly. She told me that since I am going alone, I should get a more expensive ticket. She even added that I might even meet the girl of my dreams if I go alone. Girl watch concert alone, boy watch concert alone, both boy and girl likes singer, falls in love and get married. -.-‘ She always assumes that it is easy for me to pick up girls. Dear mommy, thanks for your confidence in me but I think I am just a normal looking boy.
Till this day, my mom has never ask me questions like, “Where is your girlfriend?” or “When are you getting married?” Instead, when a cousin or friend is getting married, she would seize the opportunity to make statements like these:
The food at this hotel is excellent. You should hold your wedding there next time.
There’s plenty of parking space at that hotel. It’s a good place to have the wedding banquet.
They gave too many speeches at their wedding. Made us all hungry and we couldn’t even hear what they said over the poor sound system. Remember that for your wedding ok?
Would you and wife stay together with me next time?
This couple put your dad and I at the last table at end of the hall. It was so uncomfortable. When you invite them to your wedding, please place them in the last table at the furthest corner of the ballroom.
I feel that this is her way of exerting pressure on me to get married someday. This is her way of telling me that she hopes to see me get married. I know the pressure will increase once I graduate and have a steady job.
Anyway, that is still a long way to go. I shall worry about that later and deal with it in future.
Till this day, my mom has never ask me questions like, “Where is your girlfriend?” or “When are you getting married?” Instead, when a cousin or friend is getting married, she would seize the opportunity to make statements like these:
The food at this hotel is excellent. You should hold your wedding there next time.
There’s plenty of parking space at that hotel. It’s a good place to have the wedding banquet.
They gave too many speeches at their wedding. Made us all hungry and we couldn’t even hear what they said over the poor sound system. Remember that for your wedding ok?
Would you and wife stay together with me next time?
This couple put your dad and I at the last table at end of the hall. It was so uncomfortable. When you invite them to your wedding, please place them in the last table at the furthest corner of the ballroom.
I feel that this is her way of exerting pressure on me to get married someday. This is her way of telling me that she hopes to see me get married. I know the pressure will increase once I graduate and have a steady job.
Anyway, that is still a long way to go. I shall worry about that later and deal with it in future.
Valentine's Day will come tomorrow. Strangely, I do not feel anything. Maybe because I have never celebrated V day with anyone. Not even with my ex. Five years and I don't recall celebrating anything with him. He was never there for me. Maybe I have forgotten everything I used to know about love. Stranger still, I do not miss Prince Charming. I do not have that longing desire to go and see him. I am not in love with anyone and I am happy.
For now, I’m looking forward to see A Mei sing live. Maybe if I look cute enough, she might invite me on stage to dance with her. ^_^
We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to love an imperfect person perfectly.
Little Dove

16 comments:
"There’s plenty of parking space at that hotel. It’s a good place to have the wedding banquet."
Is ur mum for real?? anyways... valentines means nothing for me either so ... at least u have prince charming!
Enjoy the concert and let us know by posting about it.
Let's celebrate singletine with me :)
I think she's just letting you know how your wedding should be - though probably some part of it does hint to her hopes of you someday bringing home the girl.
Parents always want the best for their children. So does mine want me to get married - but realizes that the best for me was to be happy, irregardless of whatever sex the person I choose to be happy with.
I swear I wanted to go with you, but darn I don't even have your email...
Now there's no way I can go now... big bummer! =(
Happy Valentines! :)
The one hasn't found you yet lah. Go get the book, He's Just Not That Into You! It's really good!
How about asking one of your friends along the enjoy the concert!
"Maybe if I look cute enough, she might invite me on stage to dance with her"
Haha...sorry, just had to laugh. It's cute the way you say it :-)
If you're happy in your current state, that's all that matters :-)
my valentine is the very opposite of romantic. later i write about it. i am still very busy right now. :P
happy v day to you.
we r in the same boat. single. :)
Start practising your puppy eyes now so you might go onstage. :P
If Prince Charming isn't the man for you, that's okay too. Concentrate on you studies!
We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to love an imperfect person perfectly.
couldn't agree more =)
:) that's pretty pressure thre...
anyways, it was apparently virgin's day for bunch of us too. hahah
we all been thru that stage of mummy asking such questions and hoping for the best for you.. :)
have a great time at amei 's concert
Awww...
I watched movies alone and it's not that bad!!!
i'm going too with a group of A-mei fans.. thought i would be going alone but lucky one of my colleague is Amei's Malaysia Fan Club member.. So i got good seat and going with them :P
[Binn] Mom is for real. Prince Charming is not mine. :)
[Calvin Junichiro] Didn't know you are Japanese ;p
[Chester] Weren't you busy with your dates? ;p
[Sam] The hints were very clear. You have great parents who accepts you for who you are. :)
[Joshua] I'm sorry Joshua. :(
[lllearned] That book sounds so sad.
[Savante] As interested as they were with the concert, they were taking too long to decide.
[Jaded Jeremy] I am happy now. ^_^
[hamster me] Waited and read it.
[Ban] I might just have natural puppy eyes. ;p
[JD Cole] Ain't it true?
[Medie007] There's a virgin's day now? Gosh...
[Leon Koh] I can't wait for that stage to pass. I'm anticipating her concert. Thanks.
[Glog] Well, the sole purpose is to hear her sing. I guess being alone doesn't really matter.
[Frisscal] Great to hear you got a good seat. Tickets are almost sold out.
Post a Comment