Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Permanent Residence



I stumbled upon screen shots of an upcoming gay Hong Kong movie, Permanent Residence. It stars Sean Li and Osman Hung and directed by a man called Scud. Here’s the sypnosis of the movie:

Ivan has been searching an answer to a lifetime question: Where will we be after the present life?

On the way, he went through a difficult relationship with Windson, a straight guy, made a lasting friendship with Josh, a Palestinian, experienced the death of his beloved elders, witness the wedding of his brother and the birth of a nephew.

Eventually he designed a permanent residence at his own soil to host all his love ones for the next life, in case there is any, while his friend Josh created a home at the Dead Sea for those not so much loved.


I think the pictures are beautiful. The sceneries breathtaking. It looks like a promising movie.

The screen shots of the couple are touching and nostalgic. Reminiscence and reminder of the moments I spent with my ex. The wonderful places we went. We used to go to my favourite place and just sit down side by side, no words exchanged, just enjoying each other’s company. Sometimes, a sense of dread as we know the path we have to walk in our future. The same place I ran to when I cried, the day we brokeup.



















Tears streaming down my cheeks while I drive, because I miss you so much.








He taught me how to love, but not how to stop.
Little Dove

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG~

the screen shots and ur story makes me wanna cry already~

sooo touching!

savante said...

Fuyooh. But waitaminute, the director is called Scud?

MrBunnyBan said...

Oh, this one! (How come he's dating a straight man, anyway? Doesn't seem right to moi)

How long has it been since your break? Don't forget the good times, and just concentrate on building new ones yourself or with someone else.

*hugs

Adept Strumpet said...

I saw the trailer before. Nice men, but the music really is terrible. I'm sure you would have a better different song for your own trailer. It's always is nice to have a movie that reflects our past. Cheers.

Glog said...

Awwww...
Beautiful scenery and boys?
I must go and see it... thanks...

Btw, how are you feeling? Don't ponder on the past too much ok? If you need people to talk to, most of us are here for you!

Janvier said...

The Chief wants the DVD.

We guessed the trailer already showed all the skin possible and so was satisfied for our part, haha.

Sam said...

This looks like a beautiful movie - though it does seem to invoke some sort of sadness. Hope to catch it someday, I'm always a sucker for sad movies. :P

Sigh, love. :)

Medie007 said...

awwww... so schweet...

but the synopsis doesn't attract me.

Jason said...

Agree with Medie... the synopsis sounds a bit weird. Hope the storyline and the music wasn't that bad! *fingers crossed*

Jaded Jeremy said...

Emo sangat-nya :-)

William said...

Such a pretty couple...

Pike-chan said...

Hmmm.... nice couple, i might wanna catch it... seems to be a meaningful movie...

Little Dove said...

[JD Cole] *hands you a tissue*

[Savante] Yeap. Just Scud. Like Madonna, Britney and Kylie.

[Ban] Thanks for the hugs. Memories always seem like yesterday. I'm waiting to watch the movie for the peculiar storyline to unfold.

[Wart Tanabe] They butchered the song. They could have at least used the original song.

[Glog] Thank you. You so kind.

[Janvier] That makes you someone easier to satisfy compared to Chief? ;p

[Sam] You're a romantic at heart.

[Medie007] If the story doesn't attract you, the actors looks yummy enough as a reason to watch the movie.

[Jason] Fingers crossed!

[Jaded Jeremy] Mana ade...

[William] Like you and KH...

[Pikey] It made me curious too...

Anonymous said...

He tought me me how to love, but not how to stop.
while now he has been far far away from him and I don't know how to stop loving him.
I don't know what to do and I'm totally lost now

Anonymous said...

He tought me me how to love, but not how to stop.
while now he has been far far away from me and I don't know how to stop loving him.
I don't know what to do and I'm totally lost now

Little Dove said...

Sunny?