Saturday, November 27, 2010

one last look before i leave

It doesn't hurt as much anymore. Time does heal a broken heart. My heart is sore, but no longer painful, like it did last time.

It will be a long time before I visit this airport again. I will not be travelling for 2 years at least, when I am doing my housemanship back at the city at home. Work will be hectic, and hours will be long.

KLIA, a place of many memories. Revisiting this airport and the memories started flooding back. There is this painful memory that still exists, and yet, it didn't hurt as much anymore. I was young and foolish. I knew you were not the one, but I believe in love. A love that carried many burdens and tribulations.

I stood at the arrival hall. I was alone in this space. It felt big. The same exact place where I first saw you and her. Same place but different emotions. It's amazing how years and experience can change the way we feel. I went to the food court and bought the yummy banana muffins, which we used to love eating together. After 5 years, it was still delicious, and suprisingly, still had the same portion and price. I packed a few muffins to fly home with me. I went to the kfc. Where I saw you carrying your little girl in your arms and bought fries for her. I didn't want to spy on you, but I was in shock and I didn't want to believe it. When I saw how lovingly you held her, I realized you are indeed a father. A father's love for a daughter, a love I will never comprehend, because I will not be marrying and have my own child.

That was the day I ran away from the love that I used to chase. I am a changed person ever since that hurtful experience. I am a happy boy now, not truly happy, but happier.

I take one last look before I go into the departure gate. I am leaving all the painful memories behind. I am leaving the happy ones as well, because they have a part of you in them, and it still makes me a little sad. Goodbye kl. Finally, I am going home.





It's amazing how someone can break your heart and you can still love them with all the little pieces
Little Dove

19 comments:

carpe diem said...

Have a great time home. The right one will come to u one day soon. All the best and God bless.

William said...

Hope to see your heart whole again soon.

SynchingZincInc said...

*pats*

Helix

said...

*hugs

Jason said...

have a safe trip home, and have a safe trip in resembling your pieces of heart =)

nicky05 said...

Healing heart, Healing soul

J said...

one drop of tear for this post Lil Dove...

Chen Xing said...

All the best !

Sam said...

Have a safe trip home! You will be better in due time, and until then, take care and stay safe.

hs said...

Borneo welcome you. Welcome back little dove.

Unknown said...

*hugs*

tk good cr.. I hope u find some peace..

Pike-chan said...

time always heal... and the past makes us face the future stronger

reyion said...

welcome back to your beloved land below the winds. Don't ever look back~ Don't ever look back. hehehe~ teenage dream. ^^

all the best to you especially during housemanship years.

Little Dove said...

Thank you dear friends. :)

Emo-Happiness said...

Have a safe trip... and hugs..

byronmc said...

Come home and let me entertain you with some chicken dance move.. LOL!! ^^

Little Dove said...

Thanks Emo-Happiness and byronmc. ^_^

Unknown said...

glad to learn that you know how to let go...




[Jino] A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

Little Dove said...

Learning to let go took some time for me. But lesson well learnt. :)