
I don't understand love. I will never understand it. Prince Charming and I have already known each other for more than a year since that fateful day where my car broke down. It's just like a fairytale. Tall, goodlooking and fit. Like a white knight in shining armour, he came to my rescue and swept me off my feet.
One year later, we're still friends, not really good friends, not even close friends, just friends. Like normal friends, except that there is some degree of tension (maybe sexual or love) when we're together.
When I first met him, he had just broken up with his boyfriend. Someone he has been with for seven years. I did not want to be his rebound lover in the midst of his breakup. He's been treating me really nice compared to other boys. You see, I discovered Prince Charming is meeting other boys as well. Young boys, to be exact, as young as 18-21 years. At 23, I feel elderly to these young boys. He meets these boys and go clubbing with them. But with me, we go for our swim, meals and shopping. These are the things he would never do with the other boys. And the young boys are a little crazy about Prince Charming because of the nice car he drives. I can hear "ka-ching" when I look into the young boys's eyes whenever they see and sit in his car. And he never brings the boys to his house, located in an affluent, expatriate-populated community. He told me that he never brings boys back to his house but he surprised himself when he invited me to his home. He is careful and keeps a low profile as he does not want the young boys to latch to him like a sugar daddy. They always ask him to chaffeur them or bring them out for meals. I overheard the conversation while having a meal with him. He complained to me that these boys are constantly asking him out for meals with the intention of him treating (yet he still meets them). It occurred a few times when I was out with Prince Charming. He told me I am different (he thinks I'm the son of a Tan Sri, hence no worries of me being a $$$ boy).
Nevertheless, as special as he treats me compared to the bevy of nubile young boys (can I use nubile for boys?), it all amounts to nothing much. I'm still 'just-a-friend' except he upgraded my title to sexy doctor recently (blame it on the skimpy speedo I wear for swimming).
Till this day, I cannot fathom love. As Rob Thomas sings in his new song, Someday, "Maybe someday we'll figure all this out." Maybe someday, I will finally figure out what love between two men is all about. After all, life is not a fairytale and I am not Snow White. Someday my prince will come?
I couldn't embed the better quality music video as youtube doesn't allowed it. Here's the link to the video in high definition and high quality audio:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6pODq8_FxE&feature=related
Someday my prince will come. Right now, he's just lost and too stubborn to ask for directions!
Little Dove
Little Dove

12 comments:
dun think too much about love...
u r still young, there's so much to being a gay guy than just abt love n sex~
someday...you'll understand God's whole plan for u :)
Hah! Not the son of a Tan Sri, but a Datuk's son then? :)
what a co-incidence..
im writing almost the same title as urs...
all the best, my little dove!
love ya!
Maybe you should ask him about it. Gently. There's no point guessing right? At least you'll get an answer.
jut go with the flow my young one....
you just can't hurry love! best wishes!
When the time comes...
i guessed i was in that situation of urs before too. but dont fret, we're all gonna settle down when we marry our job. hahaha.
Dun leave him to guess it out....juz blurt it out! ^^
+Ant+
A year already? Time to ask lor.
Well, hinting might work, but whether he wanna exercise it is another thing, so be prepared to face the outcome
Helix
same boat here..
[Ed] God works in mysterious way. I'll give up on love for now.
[Janvier] Nope, my dad's not a grandfather yet! ;p
[Johnny] All the best to you too.
[Legolas] I've hinted violently. Maybe I should've just asked him, gently. :)
[nase] I'm get pretty confused sometimes. I'll go with the flow...
[William] Someday. Or never. We'll never know.
[Medie007] Don't forget to invite me to your wedding. ;p
[Gratitude] My lips suddenly felt heavy and wouldn't buldge when I tried to do it. ;p
[Jaded Jeremy] How long did you take? ;p
[SynchingZincInc] Tried hinting, I think I sort of got the message but it wasn't a good one.
[freddiewee] We better put on our lifejackets. we'll never know what's coming! ;)
Post a Comment