Monday, March 8, 2010

Goodbye my love

He was my first, I was his second. I was so young then. Our relationship that lasted almost five years was the best kept secret we ever had. None of his friends knew, none of mine questioned the closeness we had then. It was the most painful break up I had. I had no one to talk to, so I carried the burden of survival alone.

He was crying. He rarely cry and I could not help but pity him. He was sorry for the things he did to me, when he saw me, he realized how painful it must had been for me then. But I guess, life has its own way of making you realize the mistakes you did in the past, that one cannot really escape the past, and it will always become a part of our present and future lives.

I am loyal, the very trait that I inherited from my parents. It will be the thing that i will always be proud of. Of the two relationships I had, I did nothing but loved them and be loyal to them. My ex knew that. But loyalty does not always begets loyalty. Loyalty and betrayal can sometimes become an inseparable twins, that one cannot live without the other.

He hugged me. It felt like the hug he gave me the night we broke up. I asked him why. He wanted me to know that no one has ever hugged him like I do and that he was never loved the way I loved him. I hugged him, wanting that moment to last. For in his arms, I was a child again. I whispered,

“I missed you. If only we can turn back the hands of time…”

I hugged him one last time before I leave, this time, I am leaving for good. This was the closure I needed, after all these years. Goodbye my darling.

He whispered:

"I still love you..."

and he cried again.

15 comments:

Johnny said...

Sad... but, this is life...
But, i guess, this makes u stronger and better person...

Reszurrecdito M. d'Saintner said...

Does love breaks your heart or makes you a stronger person (in terms of character) at the end of the day? You tell me.

Emo-Happiness said...

When wrong can never be right...

William said...

Your ex- No point crying over spilled milk.

hs said...

i hope u can recover soon. best regards.

Unknown said...

there's lesson behind every cry. don't worry you won't be crying for long. coz time heals...




[Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

Pike-chan said...

So sad and well written post filled with emotions... we just have to move on and not let the uncertainties hang on to our life...

I understand how you feel...

said...

god~ so many things happen lately huh? u r making me feeling emotion again~ :(

Anonymous said...

indeed the past made us what we are today and the future and at times may become a baggage emotionally so to speak. as we tread along in this journey called life, our paths get entangled more with strangers and even lovers. a closure is much needed to move on.... you're still so young and so much to endeavour somemore, hugz!

carpe diem said...

You really loved him. I wonder what if you gave him one more chance? Would it then be a story of you all live happily ever after?

rotiboy said...

I can't tell if this is another flashback or it happened recently. In any case, I hope your wound heals itself soon. The future matters more than the past.

Legolas said...

If someone said he still loved me but wanted to break up with me as well, I would slap him.

Little Dove said...

[Johhny] It certainly did.

[Reszurrecdito M. d'Saintner] It does, but leaves a scar.

[Emo-Happiness] Wrong is never right. But then, they are many grey areas in this world.

[William] I think I cried for the longest time. But time heals everything.

[hs] I am fully recovered, just some ache here and there sometimes.

[Ultraman Jino] Every lesson helps us learn something. Just that, why do these have to be lessons of tears?

[pikey] Thanks pikey. I want to be happy like the salmon and bear!

[L²] Oh dear! I'll write something happy. :)

[Antinous] I've forgotten how young I was until you reminded me. Life feels so weary with work and people, and we search for the elusive things that keep us going, like love and happiness.

[carpe diem] I love him but there will not be a happily ever after. He is married now.

[rotiboy] That was a flashback of my sorry love life. I have healed, but with a scar to remind me of things I do not wish to remember.

[Legolas] I didn't know you were so aggressive. Has Pemberley been stressing you out lately?

carpe diem said...

Oh...I now understand it better. I am so sorry for you.

Little Dove said...

[carpe diem] It's alright. It is all over now, the closure was very much needed to end it.