Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Year Babies

I was curious as whom the leap year babies are. There's a long list of them. Here's three (or those that I know ;p):

1. Gioachino Antonio Rossini (February 29, 1792 – November 13, 1868), an Italian composer. One of his best known works is Guillaume Tell (William Tell). My violin teacher used to call this the 'Dumb Song' because the tune goes "da da dumb, da da dumb, da da dumb dumb dumb." (get it?) The song reminds me of horse racing. Here's something to jog your memory:


2. Antonio Sabato, Jr. (February 29, 1972), an Italian/American stallion actor. Who could forget his CK underwear ad?

3. Anthony Robbins or Tony Robbins ( February 29, 1960), an American self-help writer and motivational speaker. In the movie Shallow Hal, he appeared in a scene with Jack Black's character (Hal) in an elevator where he hypnotizes Hal into seeing people's inner beauty, and not their external selves. Subsequently Hal falls in love with Rosemary (Gwyneth Paltrow), a woman who appears to him to look slender and beautiful due to her kind, generous nature, but is, in reality, very obese.


Who needs chocolate? I'm sweet enough :)
Little Dove

5 comments:

Janvier said...

If we were born on a leap year, we would be technically...8 years old! Whoa.

Little Prince said...

janvier: stop dreaming. you're 3.5 times that age~ BLIEH. HAHAHAHAHA.

are you a leap year baby!?

Little Dove said...

[janvier] How we wish! But a leap year baby will still have a birthday every year either on 28th Feb or 1st March. :)

[daniel henry] :-)

Little Prince said...

happy birthday then~
:P

Little Dove said...

[daniel henry] I am not a leap year baby. ;p
I gave you a smiley because you made me smile. ;-)