I am not a big fan of Korean drama. Sure the guys are handsome, the girls are beautiful but I find the story very draggy and unrealistic. The girls in Korean soap dramas are too easily bullied, cry too much and undecisive when it comes to love. How often do you see women like this nowadays?My Lovely Sam Soon is different from the usual Korean dramas. I got hooked the moment I watched the first episode. Kim Sam Soon is a single 30-year-old loud, noisy and chubby patissier (pastry chef). She does not have much of a social life, dreams of changing her name to Hee Jin and talks to herself. 30 years old is not considered young by Korean standards and Sam Soon is an old-fashioned Korean name. Sam Soon hates her name so much and blames it for all her misfortunes, and that changing it to something else (Hee Jin) might change the course of her life.

Kim Sam Soon is a typical ordinary person with all her imperfections and her love life is so tragic, it’s real. Many times she becomes heartbroken but that doesn’t stop her from believing in love. She cries but later picks herself up, bakes herself a cake, reinvents herself and move on. This girl has more sense and authority than all the Korean soap dramas heroines put together. I love Kim Sam Soon!
My Lovely Sam Soon is one of the most endearing Korean dramas and it’s worth watching. When I was feeling disheartened with love, Sam Soon comes up with the best quotes and makes me smile. One scene in the drama really touched my heart. Feeling dejected and alone, Sam Soon reads a poem from a poster on a bus stop:
“Dance like no one’s watching.
Sing like no one’s listening.
Work like you don’t need the money.
Love like you’ve never been hurt before.
Live like there’s no tomorrow.”
Sometimes I feel sad and alone. Am I destined to be alone? Will I ever have a love of my own someday?
So what’s with Kim Sam Soon? The girl with a big body and a big heart to match... who laughs and cries, and has big dreams... and fears... and flaws. Yet in her imperfection lies a real human being, who loves and gets hurt, yet continues to live.
Once upon a time I was falling in love, but now I'm only falling apart...
Little Dove

2 comments:
not a fan of korean drama here as well... too long winded and too dramatic... ugh...
but i love this show on the bicth thingy, not sure if it's ntv or 8tv. gosh i sooo need to watch more tv. WUKAKAKAKA
happy CNY!
Hi Ah Bong! I remember they aired it on 8tv...twice!
Gong xi, gong xi!
Post a Comment