Monday, February 18, 2008

Over the rainbow


Have you ever shared a love song with someone you love?
What happens to that song when both of you break up?
Would you cry when you listen to the song again?
Would you turn off the radio the moment it plays the song?

Does it remind you of the happy moments together?
Making you smile at the sweet memories.
Does it remind you of your painful past?
Does it pierce your heart like a thousand blades?
Making you cry everytime you hear it...

In My Lovely Sam Soon, Jin-heon always play "Over The Rainbow" for his girlfriend on the piano. He stopped playing the song after breaking up with her as it brings back sad memories.

"Somewhere over the rainbow" is a beautiful, timeless song. In this Korean drama, it has a different arrangement and sounds refreshing from the countless versions of this song.

Here I am on the piano, playing the version as heard in My Lovely Sam Soon. I normally play by ear as music sheets are difficult to obtain. Please excuse the reduced quality of the audio. I present to you, "Over the rainbow", an endless favourite...

If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow, why can't I?
Little Dove

P.S. I quiet down to Jane Monheit’s “Over the rainbow”

2 comments:

Janvier said...

We recommend this one by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. It's a mix of both Somewhere Over The Rainbow and What A Wonderful World.

You can also hear it in the credits to 50 First Dates. A good song.

Little Dove said...

Yes Janvier, I've heard this Hawaiian dude before. The medley's not bad. Soothing to the ears.

I noticed you used 'we' in your comment. I wonder who is 'we'? :)