Sunday, February 21, 2010

Best Day Ever

SpongeBob Squarepants is an extremely energetic and optimistic sea sponge from the underwater city of Bikini Botttom. I think SpongeBob's cute and I like his shade of yellow, though I think he resembles a kitchen sponge more. SpongeBob is an advocate for GBLT groups but has been attacked by extremist evangelical groups. There have been questions whether or not SpongeBob is homosexual but I doubt it. SpongeBob is a sea creature and cartoon so I think he's more likely asexual. I wish there are more cartoon characters like SpongeBob who are non-judgemental in regard to ethnicity and gender. I say go SpongeBob!


Sea sponge or kitchen sponge?


He's very musical too. He sings happy tunes which goes well with the sunshine theme of this blog. One of my favourtite SpongeBob song is Best Day Ever. He sings in perfect pitch and hits the high C6 right on. He even holds his breath for one long note. It's really a fun song to start the week with. It's a simple song with happy melody and I played block chords all the ways towards the end of the song. The lyrics make the song even more fun. Haha.

Here's my version of Spongebob's "Best Day Ever". Let's shoo away the Monday blues.






6 comments:

hs said...

hi little dove, i love SpongeBob Squarepants too. thanks for sharing the songs. it's cute and nice.

William said...

SpongeBob for president!

Pike-chan said...

Such a coincidence... my dear and I would be watching SpongeBob if we ever have breakfast at home... so funny and I enjoyed that cartoon!

Little Dove said...

[hs] Welcome. Happy that SpongeBob made you happy too. ^_^

[William] I second that!

[pikey] SpongeBob's so yellow and funny. ;)

Johny said...

nice piano skills... hehe!

Little Dove said...

[Johny] Thank you ^_^