Monday, February 15, 2010

Woo Hoo!


I'm home for CNY this year, unlike last year. Exam was held before CNY and everyone got to return home for CNY celebrations. I have never gone home for the past four years for CNY. I don't understand why medical faculties like to have their exams right after CNY (before the 15th day of Chap Goh May).

So far, no one has asked me, "Where is your girlfriend?" Not my mother, relatives or cousins! They were too busy getting 'free' medical consultation for me. Everyone's doing pretty fine except for the ever-present high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes mellitus. One relative requested me to look through her medicine box and explain the function of each medication. There wasn't nothing much until I saw an aminotryptilline. It's an anti-depressant drug. I asked her if she knew what it's for and she replied it's to help her sleep but it made her feel very dizzy. I didn't want to ask too much as there were too many relatives around and I didn't want the other relatives to start questioning and embarrass her.

Up to this moment, there was only one person who has asked me whether I had a girlfriend. He was the taxi driver who sent me to the airport. Scary. He was overly-friendly and I was a little freaked out.

Since it's year of the tig'er, I have been going around wishing everyone Woo Hoo, Woo Hoo, Woo Hoo! Mom thinks I've gone crazy from too much studying. Lol

Happy Chinese New Year! Hope you had a blast this holiday. Eat moderately and healthily.

Woo Hoo Woo Hoo Woo Hoo Woo Hoo Woo Hoo!

9 comments:

Pike-chan said...

Happy Roaring Tiger New Year to you~

William said...

Wo hoo wo hoooo taxi driver woo hoo hoo woo woo hoo girlfriend?

Medie007 said...

same on my end too. hahahaha. so happy can go back cny without bringing books. :D

carpediem said...

I thought the tiger roars...what's this woo hoo woo hoo....Gong Xi Fa Cai bro and may all your dreams come true this new year. May You and Prince Charming have a roaring start from the beginning till the end of the year!

reyion said...

happy CNY! This year's my turn to stay on campus. T_T

Little Dove said...

[pikey] Happy Woo Hoo!

[William] Aarrgh...scary taxi driver! Woo hoo woo hoo

[Medie007] Enjoy your book-free holiday. Happy Woo Hoo!

[carpediem] Woo Hoo sounds similar to tiger pronounced in Mandarin. Thanks for the wonderful wishes. Happy Woo Hoo! ^_^

[Rey Rey] Oh dear, go spend CNY with friends? Happy Woo Hoo.

carpe diem said...

OK now I get it. I was wondering why the title of the local movie was Woo Hoo! Silly me. Happy Woo Hoo

hs said...

haha, me too. last year i'm having my medical biotech test after cny. this year i'm totally free during cny. happy cny little dove.^.^

Little Dove said...

[carpe diem] In the local movie, woo hoo may refer to the 'tiger dance' or 5 tigers, where the 5 main characteers are born in the year of the tiger. :)

[hs] Hi there! Glad you are totally free from exam stress this CNY. Happy Tiger Woo Hoo!