Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Fever Ray: Award Acceptance at P3 Gold, Gothenborg, Sweden




This Fever Ray acceptance speech at a radio awards show has been called weird, bizarre, disturbing, and scary. Some say its an artistic statement about womens' rights in certain parts of Europe to wear their head-dress.

I always thought Lady Gaga is bizarre (the reason I love her) but this is completely out of this world. The veil has many other cultural significancies and she may have wanted to portray on issues like the burka and womens rights with her head dress. For the face mask she wore, maybe she was trying to make a point on violence against women or honour killings. This may be something about women being burned with acid in certain parts of the world in the name of honour.

Her speech: Incredible

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

fever ray! i like her music and her videos are cool:)

William said...

What the?!

savante said...

Haven't you seen Bjork? Way freakier.

nicky05 said...

LOL.....O.O

Emo-Happiness said...

That is super weird..
WEIRD..
But I respect that..

reyion said...

O.O *cover eyes and run away* Love Lady Gaga too. XD

Unknown said...

love GaGa's songs. hate HER.

she scares me. xD

Little Dove said...

[3quarks] She's cool! ^_^

[William] Speechless?

[savante] Bjork must have started it all.

[nicky05] I was shocked but LOL at the same time.

[Emo-Happiness] Weird and very artistic! ;)

[Rey Rey] Running is good exercise!

[nourelain badaruddin] Kinda scary but entertaining too. ;)

SynchingZincInc said...

Happy CNY!

Little Dove said...

[SynchingZincInc] Happy happy Tiger Year! ^_^