Thursday, January 14, 2010

The merboy in the swimming pool

I went swimming today. Life's getting busier for my final year. I only get to swim once a week now compared to my previous 3 times weekly. If I'm not too tired, I'll be able to squeeze in a run midweek.

In my previous posting, there was a picture of a kitty hugging a mouse (or rat). It can be intrepreted in many different ways. What I was trying to convey was that when I was single and sometimes felt lonely in the still of the night, wishing for someone to hug me to sleep. That wish came true when I had a boyfriend. After my breakup, I'm back to being lonely and laying alone on my bed. After coming out from a bad relationship, I realised that I rather sleep alone. Knowing the sorrow that comes with a failed relationship, from previously wishing for someone to hug me to sleep, now, not anymore.

Despite having visiting the swimming pool regularly for years, I've never had encounters like Emo-Happiness or Janvier at the pool or changing room, even at the infamous 'lost world' swimming pool at Cheras.

Today, I saw a cute boy swimming in the lane next to mine in the pool. He was young, maybe 19 years old. He was an excellent swimmer. I could swim like him when I was his age but not so much nowadays. Instead of my usual 20 laps in 1 hour, I only do 12 laps now. Going through a whole day of wards and lecture is very tiring and I need to save my energy for more studying or ward work at night. I was just swimming leisurely and he was swimming like a fish in the water.

He was lean, short haired with flawless tanned skin. More tan than me. For a brief moment, we locked our eyes on each other, and he stood next to me inside the pool. He didn't talk to me and neither did I. I looked straight ahead and didn't dare to look at him in case he thinks I am some pervert. He didn't look my way either, but we were standing next to each other for the longest time in the pool. Normally I won't pause or rest that long and I think neither would he since he's such a fish (or merboy) in the water.

After showering, I walked to my car at the parking lot. Surpringly, he was walking in front of me. He didn't notice I was behind him. We did not even come across each other in the changing room. He was in a t-shirt and floral print bermuda shorts. He looked really cute. Then I saw him waiting at the sports complex lobby waiting for his transportation. Maybe waiting for his parents to pick him up. I walked past him and didn't look at his direction. After I went into my car, I started my car and was messaging my friends for dinner. Little did I know, he was already standing across the road from my car. It meant that he walked all the way from the lobby to the parking space right opposite the road from my car, which was not a waiting zone unlike the lobby. I drove past him and felt his gaze lingering on me. Should I have said "hello"? I don't think a twink would be attracted to another twink. Maybe it could happen. I have some experiences with uninvited attention from the twinky sales promoter boys in Pavilion but I'll save the story for another day.


Some girl from class made me mashed potato. It was so good that I finished all of it. She offered to cook a pasta dinner but I declined it for my swim. I normally eat a little more (especially protein) after exercise to replenish what is necessary. I don't usually eat before I sleep but I'm still a little hungry so I'm having a little supper. Good night.

My little supper

12 comments:

William said...

A little eye candy is always welcome! What a cute bun! Do you eat the ears first?

Janvier said...

That depends on which swimming centre you always go to then, if you say you've not encountered what we've encountered! ;)

Paul Figaro J said...

some people when you hug, not seems to be warm, cozy and comfortable...you get what i meant.

C'est la vie said...

Too bad Dovy, I would really like to make friends with you. Too bad, your blogging policy........ You've more to share, and you're a very decent person.

Legolas said...

Ooh. Swimming twink.

Medie007 said...

sinful supper! hahaha. but i'm liking my milk now. hahahaha

L M said...

That reminds me.. I lost my swimming trunks.. ='(

Gratitude said...

Well, at least you did some serious swimming, not unlike many of them who stay in the shower room throughout the designated period. hehe
+Ant+

Jaded Jeremy said...

Swimming's an excellent exercise...but boring leh hehe.

Little Dove said...

[William] I ate one ear, then the eyes, then the other ear.

[Janvier] You're right! But I'm avoiding all the naughty swimming pools. ;)

[Paul J] Only a special someone will make you feel cozy and warm.

[C'est la vie] Thanks! I am just a simple person.

[Legolas] He is. He is. ;)

[Medie007] Not beer? ;p

[LM] Go get a new one! Swimming is fun. ^_^

[Gratitude] Maybe I don't stay in the shower long enough. ;p

[Jaded Jeremy] It helps me relax. :)

carpe diem said...

para 2 last four lines...I know exactly how you felt then and how you are feeling now. How I wished over n over again that it was just a nightmare but it was real. One day soon I will be blogging about it.

on the twink...did it stir u up a bit?..lol

Little Dove said...

Nope. I was busy swimming. Haha ;p