Friday, January 29, 2010

Sudden change

"Hug hug..."

Prince Charming said to me as he held his arms wide opened and beckoned me to go over with his bewitching smile.

I was astounded. That was a first from him. He was never that expressive.

He just returned from the airport when I met him at his house. He was just back from another overseas job stint.

I hide my astonishment at his sudden gush of cuteness, walked towards him, and gave him a friendly hug. It was not the first time we hugged but it felt different this time. I realized the way his eyes looked at mine is different. He couldn't have possibly missed me that much in a period of two weeks. Suddenly, he held my head and put his lips to mine. He gave me the longest kiss. Time stood still.

I am more confused now. I really thought we were just friends.

Let's see how things developed in a chronological order (like how I take a patient's history ;p):

Few months after we met:
Infrequent sms. A sms from his entire working trip abroad.

After one year:
One call per working trip abroad. More frequent sms.

Now:
A call from abroad every 2 days. I am first person he wants to see the moment he returns to KL. Calls me for lunch. Says he miss me. Addresses me as "dear".

Over the past few weeks, I missed him a little when he was not around. I guessed he missed me too. He would call me once every 2 days from a country 600km away. His text messages has been more personal lately. He's been addressing me as "love" or "dear" and using words like "wish to hear your voice" or "wanna hug you."

When I first met him, Prince Charming has just broken up with his very handsome and intelligent (PhD student) boyfriend of seven years shortly before we met. The former boyfriend is currently working and furthering his studies overseas and does not want to return to Malaysia. Prince Charming called it off because he don't see how things will work out when two people decide in settle down in different countries oceans apart. I knew how heartbroken he was (imagine his was 7 years, I took 2 years to heal from my 5-year relationship). I still see pictures of his former boyfriend all over his house and his room. He did not take them down. Some of his properties are shared with this former boyfriend. It's complicated but they have sorted things out. He still takes care of the former boyfriend's family (I think I need to drop the use of the word 'former'). Has he really gotten over the boyfriend?

Few weeks back, I informed Prince Charming that I will be leaving KL. Mom suggested that I return home to do my housemanship training. I've heard positive things about training in the hospitals back in my hometown. She actually suggested that I go work overseas, but my decision is still pending. Reasons are that the pay is better and there is no houseman torture (long hours, no work-hour restriction in Malaysia). I've been telling her housemanship training will be better in future with so many graduating doctors. We have Joshua, Medie007, Silencer, Aaron and Ichi who will be graduating over the next few years. With so many graduating doctors, housemen workload will definitely be reduced as compared to the past.

Yesterday, Prince Charming called. He wants me to go with him for a by-invitation only event. He is only able to bring with him one guest and he wants me to go with him. I am asking him what is the function involved but he does not want to say. Dress code was formal. Guess I have to wait. I have a feeling this is something to do with corporate. Or could I be meeting the in-laws? ;p

Beep beep. He just sent a text message, "Good night. Kiss kiss hug hug." This is totally unlike the Prince Charming I first met.

I am leaving soon, unless I get posted to a hospital in KL (one of my choices listed way down). He knows, and yet there is this sudden change in his personality. Why is he doing that?

9 comments:

Fan said...

(crazily screaming)

C'est la vie said...

Ya, nothing more huh? See what is happening now. :)

said...

hmm~ maybe he always have the feeling for u but jst not express it out~

Alan said...

I love reading your blog and posts. Alot of interesting stuff and I love the way you write too. =)

Johnny said...

i guess u know deeply in u... coz, u r smart.. jz stay back.. coz, after 2 years of HOship, u'll somehow get to send back to ur hometown... hehe!

William said...

He would not give up on you so easily. :)

joshua said...

just don't torture me when and if i jadi your intern!!!

and awww... to all Prince Charming's gestures ;)

random: word verification "patingri" sounds like a mutated species between patin and tenggiri

Emo-Happiness said...

If he is the right person for you... why not?

Sometimes. We need to be daring to gain something.

He must have loved you..second to his former..

Good luck!!

Little Dove said...

[Fan] "Little Dove blinks in wonder*

[C'est la vie] ;p

[L²] Maybe he has but I think it's a little too late. :(

[Alan] Thanks Alan ^_^

[Johnny] Most likely I am going back, so it would not make a difference.

[William] I wish it had occurred ealier.

[joshua] I don't think our gap is that big. I hope we become good colleagues. ^_^

p/s: Sudden cravings for fish?

[Emo-Happiness] I don't want to be second. Hehe. But thanks! ;)