Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Dinner

“I have no long-sleeve shirt, trousers, belt, shoes and tie! Can I borrow from you?”

Prince Charming was exasperated at not having any formal clothes for the dinner event. Prince Charming’s occupation provides a uniform for him, a hard hat and overall/jumpsuit. He hasn’t wore any formal attire for the past 10 years.

I gladly offered my extensive wardrobe of office wear to Prince Charming but it was impossible for him to fit into my clothes as he was a little muscular from all the gym training, whereas I am more on the lean side. So he had to go shop for new clothes before the function.

He brought me to a dinner organised by a property developer, in appreciation for their customers and properties owners. It was a 10-course Chinese dinner. I think Prince Charming has been working very hard to be able to invest in some of the properties. I like people who are goal-oriented in their lives and not afraid to work hard for it.


The dinner was uneventful except for the few people seated at our table. Prince Charming was asking me if the Datin seated across me was wearing a Zang Toi cheongsam. I had no idea at all but I thought the Datin looked young with toned biceps. Must be a gym bunny, I thought to myself.


Programmes during dinner included an international award-winning lion dance troupe, twinkish beatboxer, live jazz band and illusionist.
Leaping lion


Shy lion hiding backstage


"Why do birds suddenly appear? Everytime you are near. Just like me, they long to be, close to you..."


My fortune cookie

Dinner ended quite early. I was thinking of going over to MP to wish Takashi a Happy Birthday but Prince Charming was tired and we headed home (sorry Takashi, hope you had a blast at MP).

After a long week at the hospital, I was really exhausted and Prince Charming was a little jet lag from his long flight back to KL. He forced me to sleep in his room that night, but on my condition that the bolster stays in the middle. I was already feeling a slight headache from exhaustion and fell asleep the moment my head touched the pillow.

It was already morning when I opened my eyes slowly to the bright rays of sunshine. Prince Charming was awake too. With his irresistible eyes, he looked into mine and pulled me close into his arms. At that moment, I felt the ‘click.’ To paraphrase the famous blogger, William, we somehow "fit" into each other. The crook and curves of our bodies just fit comfortably into each other. No awkward limbs and the feeling of being stifled. It just feels right. Like the way the last piece of a jigsaw puzzle clicks into place.

I finally knew what the ‘click’ felt like. We snuggled closely against each other. No words were exchanged. Time stood still.

If I had a single flower for everytime I thought of you, I could walk forever in my garden.
Little Dove

17 comments:

C'est la vie said...

my dear, you're doing great. He is a great man, has great muscle too! LOL. BTW, since you got 8889, I guess you deserve the prize. Email me to give me ur details, P.O.BOX will do, I won't go and find you. No worries. 8888 was me -_-" That's how I got the printscreen la

William said...

The first puzzle is complete!

And I'm not THAT famous. :P

nicky05 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nicky05 said...

hahaha...im glad you find your "click"....now the second step lo...XD

savante said...

So what kinda baju did he buy?

Johnny said...

happy for you, dovey!
all the best!

L M said...

Everything is going so smoothly =)
Happy relationships make me happy =D

word verification: gamen lol sounds like gay-men

Jaded Jeremy said...

Grab happiness while it's there.

simonlover said...

ANd i hope, the time will come when he says the Jerry Maguire word.. "You Complete Me"...Muacks.

Paul Figaro J said...

guess the bolster not maintain in the middle till the morning..hehhe... what a wonder couple you two can be!

Emo-Happiness said...

Wow..
Juicy stuff here.
I also want someone like prince charming..
but again, i should be the one taking the action...

Little Dove said...

[C'est la vie] I don't have a P.O. Box or permanent address here. But thank you so much. It's the thought that counts! ;p

[William] I think you are. I think I saw you once on the walkway. ;p

[nicky05] What's the second step? *scratch head*

[savante] A normal office shirt. :)

[Johnny] Thanks :)

[LM] Gamen? Haha ;p

[Jaded Jeremy] I will try. ^_^

[simonlover] That'll be so romantic. Does the Horny One sayd that to you? ;)

[Paul J] I'm still thinking where the bolster went. ;p

[Emo-Happiness] You could always be someone's Prince Charming. ^_^

William said...

You should have came over and said "Hi"!

said...

ahhh~ i miss fortune cookies

Little Dove said...

[William] I was shy.

[L²] I love them too!

rotiboy said...

waahh so sweettt~

Little Dove said...

[rotiboy] Really? Thanks ^_^